Early Hope disc brakes

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Be that the cable or first hydraulic versions. Post up any pics you have :D

Personally ,ive owned most of them with the exception of the earliest cable operated calipers. Ive just got some early 3 bolt carriers with 150mm rotors and was wondering if anyone knew if they fit standard splined hubs like the 5 bolt version and if the interface was the same size so could be swopped over :?
Ive still got the lovely set of red tiglide/sus and was going to check to see if the 3 bolt spiders fitted onto them but i cant find my big lockring pliers.
Any1 know the answer ?

Im still determined to one day find some newish condition C2's :D [please dont inundate me with offers im really really fussy when it comes to c2's ;) 8 so called 'fully working' brakes offered to me turned out to have major issues,so no thanks]

Dyna, I got a front hub with a solid disk from The Ken and it fitted the same as the later 5 arm spider so I would expect that the 3 would fit the same

There were no changes till the bulb's on the small body hubs as far as I am aware

On The Kens hope thread there are pics of the 3 bolt carriers from hope adverts (that I own) also I have a later hope brochure which only shows the splined hub like we own, no different disk version....

boxxer":2j6hau58 said:
Dyna, I got a front hub with a solid disk from The Ken and it fitted the same as the later 5 arm spider so I would expect that the 3 would fit the same

There were no changes till the bulb's on the small body hubs as far as I am aware

On The Kens hope thread there are pics of the 3 bolt carriers from hope adverts (that I own) also I have a later hope brochure which only shows the splined hub like we own, no different disk version....
Excellent :D Though ill need to come up with bigger rotors from somewhere :?

Looking at the 3 bolt ones i have it looks to me like theyre 'floating' The hole in the rotor takes a hi hat shim and to spring steel washers either side. When theyre done up tight they seem to allow 1/2-1 mm movement side to side (well i hope thats not me badly fitting them)
Theyre also pretty robust on their method of attachment ,seriously beefy compared to the simple bolt on design we use today, its almost like they were expecting huge forces to be working on them and that could justify their heavy duty connections :? . and all for only a 150mm rotor :LOL:Ill pop a pic up later on ,but its much the same as any other rotor.

They're also pretty robust on their method of attachment ,seriously beefy compared to the simple bolt on design we use today, its almost like they were expecting huge forces to be working on them and that could justify their heavy duty connections :? . and all for only a 150mm rotor :LOL:Ill pop a pic up later on ,but its much the same as any other rotor.

Remember that when cable and hydro's came out the mags were full of scares about the power of disk brakes destroying wheels and snapping forks so everything was way over engineered to avoid this happening....

Back