Pick a colour! - 1992 Rocky Mountain Vertex Steel frame

The catalogue says it was available in Sapphire/Laser black

Cool! Looks nice in black when its all built up!

I think I will still go with sapphire... I assume its a deep blue with lots of metallic flakes?

Hey Eric, welcome to my world of insanity!!! :twisted:

Now I have a local RM wacko just like me to converse and relate with. :roll: ;)

I'm glad we're after two different sized frames, otherwise I'd have to rub out the competition! :twisted: :LOL:

RockiMtn":1roeqtbl said:
Hey Eric, welcome to my world of insanity!!! :twisted:

Now I have a local RM wacko just like me to converse and relate with. :roll: ;)

I'm glad we're after two different sized frames, otherwise I'd have to rub out the competition! :twisted: :LOL:

Hahaha Yea! I was actually thinking how sweeet it is that we have NO overlap... your biggest size is one smaller than my smallest... works out VERY conveniently for splitting deals each of us find!! :D

FluffyChicken":3k38uysi said:
Hi Res catalogue here by the way, for some reason, possible old server space. a compressed version went into the archive
http://goatsurfer.com/assets/Rocky_Mountain_1992.pdf IT is quite large overall.
They where powder-coated by this time.

http://ciclisti.bikemoments.com/bm/bike ... bikeid=491
?
Colours similar to the Weasel and Trials bike that have popped up.

Ahhh... so it's really that blue eh??? that closeup in the second link almost looks like a blue annodizing!!

ok.. that would actually look pretty good with the black syncros forks...

thanks!

A more recent pic of my Vertex (already shown overleaf). I get the feeling mine was repainted earlier in it's life. It does have bits of the 'correct' blue showing in one or two places. The main coating is really nice though....more of a really dark purple and a good quality paint job. Presumably though, if it was original then it wouldn't have another colour showing underneath where the paint has chipped? Either way, I'm not changing it!

Attachments

• 20130103_134525 (Medium).jpg
    20130103_134525 (Medium).jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 485
FluffyChicken":1g4gfn90 said:
I don't know if it is that blue or original but it probably is. The scan looks quite darkened.

Yea, I did some investigsting... It really is that blue... The scan image is really darker

It really is a bright sapphire blue that shines like a sapphire stone

I'm not sure of my original colour because it has been repainted,.. They did do a really good job with the repaint but none the less it is pretty faded so it needs to be refreshed...

Might as well go with sapphire. =)

Attached pics are one someone here has... All original colour and they were even able to find a match at a hardware store to paint over the disc mod area...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 484
I like the colour myself :)

Here's the Weasel (it's on the forum as well)
http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1991_Roc ... easel.html
RMWHead.JPG

and this was the I believe to be 'Trials' bike
file.php

Back