New forks on a retro build

I take it adding a 440mm fork is a no no? Does the extra 2cm really make that much of a difference? :?

nothing in principle (I already have a 96 Explosif with P2)...just want a different ride on this build and interested in either these forks or Pace RC31... My main question about the extra 20mm is the biggy though. I would imagine you wouldn't really notice...just wondered if anyone has experience?

99 will be short travel suspension corrected so 42.5 sounds about right to me.

For earlier non corrected frames I would go shorter, for modern frames much longer....

Try to find out what fork they came with OE and the a-c or travel of that.

Yes 2cm does make quite a difference slackening the head and seat angles. Whether you will notice the difference, who knows till you try?

Putting too long forks on some bikes can ruin them

Just the info I needed thank you :)
I will be building a 1999 20" Explosif which I used to own many years ago and just manage to get hold of again....so the ride is SUPER important to me...I want it to feel like it used to...but with new running gear to make it the best it can be...I am not after the exact retro replica...Only issue is supension is therefore out as an option.

Bear in mind that Pace have a limit of 85kg on their forks. If you have a big frame you are probably pretty close , or over, this...
:shock:

Back