RaleighRacer's Carlton Corsair

By way of information what size is the largest sprocket on the back?, looks likea 36-tooth affair. I use one on my Continental as it is my 'bail out gear' on hills!

I believe it is 36 yes, planned on getting a more 'racey' 28t affair with a 42-52 front, after a dirt track ride Sunday and plans for a few more I've decided to leave the gearing as is :oops:

Really fancy increasing the retro road bike line up, current plans include a 80's Raleigh wearing period campag, and possibly a 'trekker/bomber' type build - huge 'cow horn' handlebars, hopefully canti brakes. Although I keep getting tempted to do this with a modern cx/road bike too, 800mm high rise bars, 9 speed shimano, so I can have road mechs and mtb shifters and a retro saddle :?

Well see, need to clear out the shed/bike stash before this can begin anyway :cry:

Honey b-17 is proofided and fitted, and s is the fizik bar tape, wrapped from right against the stem down, not 100% sure on this yet but think it adds to the 'comfort' look of the bike :?

Lovely old bike you've got there, can't beat an original finish, and high flange hubs too.......? keen to see some photos of your bars with a complete wrap as I'm chewing over the same idea for a team pro I'm puting a set of scratched criteriums on, think ill be using brooks leather but slightly concerned about having enough length in a roll?
Cheers
Andy.

Possible they originally came with Raleigh tyres. You can pick up Raleigh branded amber wall 27" x 1 1/4" tyres off Ebay, although I'd go with Michelin World Tour you can pick up a pair of those for around £17 :)

I've just been reading the 'Bob Jackson super tourist' front rack is definitely going on this, them I'm going to try and get my grubby mitts on some marine ply, or fruit and veg type wooden boxes to make a storage box for the rack to carry a water bottle, tshirt and a rain jacket for riding to work when the weather picks up.

Mum is going to buy me the brooks saddle bag which will carry the tools hopefully sooner rather than later :D

Might even do the dreaded and re fit the mud guards :shock:

brooks sadlle, new bar tape and front rack

DSC02833_zpsf874ec85.jpg

DSC02836_zpsad019ec9.jpg

DSC02837_zpsc9c82cda.jpg

mud guards are going back on soon i think :LOL:

Back