Titanium RC30 inspired forks

Well I managed to get my hands on an original set of new Pace drop outs, got some brake mounts off a rare set of brake mounts both rim and disk and the Pace crown that fits every steerer size found a co. to make something similar and found a company to supply the Ti tubing, the only set back the one that stopped it in it's tracks was that you had to but large quantities of the Ti tubing and even though I'd negociated a good price I couldn't afford to buy it and by the time I could I had other things to spend it on, I will resurrect it at some point.

Staf.

Nice mate, I'd certainly be interested an happy to advertise on my site if it comes together for you one day :D

I had similar thoughts to this a few years ago, but the idea was prevented from going past the 'Hmm wouldn't it be nice if...' stage by the thought that Ti legs the same diameter as the steel legs would be too flexy.

stevet1":2xly4wi6 said:
by the thought that Ti legs the same diameter as the steel legs would be too flexy.
IIRC, thats the comment the people who tried the original merlin/pace ones made, flexy as fook!

You'd probably need a though axle to try and hold any sort of a line with them!

Yeah my intention was to have an ally bung in the top of each leg which would reinforce the clamping area then the drop outs go into the leg reinforcing the bottom inch or so the top bung would be removable so you can cut the legs down to change the crown to axle length to suit different frames (either that of have marking etched near the top of the legs showing you how far to push the leg through to achieve different crown to axle lengths)

Worth a shot anyway I was willing to give it a shot as it would be the ultimate fork for me

Staf.

Back