Modern Bike Sizes

nickyburnell

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Anyone else finding it comical people saying 56cm bikes are large?
"I'm 6 foot 2 and it's right for me"
No it's not, you have 12" of seat post sticking up and it looks like you borrowed a child's bike!
Horrible aesthetically.

Ah that's better, nice rant :D

Well considering my Squadra was 48cm and my Merckx is 48cm, I would have to say from down here 56 is bloody huge :LOL:
Nutcracker huge :cry:

Just cant seem to get the right size gear now that G.I. Joe has gone out of fashion ;)

Jamie

nickyburnell":2zj8sc24 said:
Anyone else finding it comical people saying 56cm bikes are large?
"I'm 6 foot 2 and it's right for me"
No it's not, you have 12" of seat post sticking up and it looks like you borrowed a child's bike!
Horrible aesthetically.

Ah that's better, nice rant :D
No. We don't have square frames anymore. Seat pins are strong enough that they don't bend when they get more than about 15 cm out of the frame.

And old school frames over about 56-58 cm look bloody horrible. Might as well just get a 5 bar gate and put some wheels on it.

Mattr,

Which looks worse - a 6' person on a childs bike or a large frame suited to the size of the rider? You want to try finding shoes which don't look mad with size 11's!!!! I am jealous of anyone with size 8 or 9!!!

Richard

TGR":2jujimic said:
Mattr,

Which looks worse - a 6' person on a childs bike or a large frame suited to the size of the rider? You want to try finding shoes which don't look mad with size 11's!!!! I am jealous of anyone with size 8 or 9!!!

Richard
I'd rather see people riding bikes with the right reach, rather than ranting that the top tube isn't in the "right" place.

I understand what you mean but i need a longer stem and seat post for this build and they are hard to source -

IMGP1591-Copy.jpg

Obviously both bits must be Dura Ace to match the OE gruppo.

Richard

TGR":3bhzfq6a said:
I understand what you mean but i need a longer stem and seat post for this build and they are hard to source -

IMGP1591-Copy.jpg

Obviously both bits must be Dura Ace to match the OE gruppo.

Richard
The yellow pages can probably point you in the direction of a local scaffolder. ;o)

Back