Feedback
View
I am in need of the following little bits for some Shimano 600 AX calipers:

Square ended bolt for front and rear frame mount
Barrel adjusters x 2
Some advice as to what pads will work!

Ta.

Re Pads

I have 2 sets of these brakes and i have bought Clark pads which i intend to cut down to fit - i was advised this was the best thing to do as pads are almost impossible to find. It will be a while before i try this as i have a load of other stuff to get done, but you could try it and see if it works. I would appreciate a PM if you get it done and it works.

Thanks,

Richard

Re pads - I had to change the pads on my Dura Ace AX calipers recently. In the absence of the correct pads I cut down some cartridge type pads. You'll find that you can cut the right shape, but will struggle with the thickness of the pads, leaving a gap between the pad and the side of the caliper. I got around this by packing with an appropriately sized piece of metal plate. The other issue with cutting down pads to fit is that the grub screw that secures the originals in place won't have a hole to screw in to on the new pads, easily solved but worth considering.

Also the bolts - one of my calipers was missing the square headed bolt - a hex headed bolt will work but only once the head is filed down to suit - otherwise I found it was too thick and stopped the brakes working properly.

The barrel adjusters might be a costly problem - there were some on ebay for a horrendous price - maybe £70+ !!!!

I was planning to try adjusters from ebay - £1.99 for a pair ans see if the would work or file the to fit but again, it will be a while before i tackle this.

Richard

Back