What bike would you get if you had 4000 quid to drop???

I'm starting a new thread tomorrow entitled "£20,000 - what bike?" :LOL:

But since you asked.... I'd quite like to try out an early Klein Attitude in Dolomite, but I guess I'd still have plenty of change even after buying that.

I find half the enjoyment of retro-mtb's is tracking down the bike you want, at the price you can afford, and building it up how you want it. Spunking a load of cash on a pristine bike seems a bit boring to me, where's the fun in that?

mikee":2m0ul0n0 said:
That rg 500 that was on the bay for 4250 recently

Now that is a proper bike :) I have a picture of Mr Sheene on one of those on my wall :D

jimo746":2ugfhscn said:
mikee":2ugfhscn said:
That rg 500 that was on the bay for 4250 recently

Now that is a proper bike :) I have a picture of Mr Sheene on one of those on my wall :D

I actually sat on one of his race bikes when I was at college; that and Ted Simons Triumph... :cool:

Check out BBC on ebay.us
I'm sure you could pick up something with a full mountain lx groupo for that sort of cash!

I'd put the money towards one of these, if I could find one (the bike, obviously)
7002565nfo.jpg

Herbert Schek ISDT BMW, as seen (and heard) on the Isle of Man in the 1971 and '75 ISDT's. :cool: Annoyingly, I actually had the opportunity to buy one about 25 years ago but stupidly turned it down. I could have done it justice then, too.

Back