Jeff Jones

Well, put in 31K on the Jones today-what can I say? I love it, I was riding stuff that I ride my Five on and was no less capable, you really don't notice that it hasn't got 5" travel, even dropping steeply into holes was fine. I found myself riding over fallen tree's with ease (branches not trunk!) and jumping higher than the Five off rollers, table tops etc. The shorter stem was perfect also. I'm also impressed with the tubeless thing, i'm running the tyres about 25 psi and hearing the crackle of riding over sharp branches I was worried, but the performed well and i'm looking forward to my next ride on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 726
Still looking good. :mrgreen:

Just read the whole of the 'Tai Jones' thread on MTBR. :LOL:

I think my d-day is getting closer. :facepalm:

Small update, just removed the old SPD's in favour of some Egg beaters, I know people have mixed thoughts on these, but Ive been running Mallets on another bike for a while and love them. Also the simplistic design not only complements the looks of the bike, but should reduce the mud clogging issues of late.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 718
Lovely looking bike and location. How tall are you? Would love to have a steel diamond frame but as it's an 18 inch frame worried it might be a little big (though the tt length at 23 inches is perfect)

The frame is one size that fits most people from 5ft -6ft with the layback seat post and and different stem lengths you can taylor it to suit ;)

After waiting what seems a lifetime my "other" wheel has arrived- the playful one :cool:

Large Marge Lite coupled with another Jones 135 hub, topped off with lashings of Surly Nate.
Will take it out later to see how it handles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 433
Back