sbrian from USA has finally come good.

I've no idea what the real story is, but the parts are apparently posted so could still arrive??

Happy to update the thread title to something more appropriate if people feel its not right.

NeilM":5fsmrf9q said:
as he knows the PD take this kind fraud extremely seriously.

This bit intrigued me - do the US cops really take Internet fraud seriously? I can't imagine the UK plods exerting themselves if the roles were reversed. But maybe I'm being overly cynical.

secret_squirrel":3vgqjgv3 said:
NeilM":3vgqjgv3 said:
as he knows the PD take this kind fraud extremely seriously.

This bit intrigued me - do the US cops really take Internet fraud seriously? I can't imagine the UK plods exerting themselves if the roles were reversed. But maybe I'm being overly cynical.

I can only comment on what I have learned from the US archery community, and I'm sure the guys in the US would be able to provide a lot more info, but as I understand it, the local PD is a lot more local than most forces in the UK, both in their staffing and more importantly in their funding.

ishaw":3qyqqae0 said:
I've no idea what the real story is, but the parts are apparently posted so could still arrive??

Happy to update the thread title to something more appropriate if people feel its not right.

But why refund if he's posted them?

NeilM":2rf8dngx said:
So in other words, he knows full well that he is cheating and robbing people, but because they are on the other side of the internet, he really doesn't give a flying duck.... until someone gets clever and threatens to tell his local PD, which is when he ships his pants, as he knows the PD take this kind of fraud extremely seriously.

Well done for getting your money back and for handling things in such a gentlemanly manner; I would have just dropped the PD on the scrote, sat back and enjoyed the show.

Get your money back, remove it from paypal account, ring his PD. Protect others from this international fraudster.

Logic.Al":1ltu6m8n said:

Possibly because Brian was hoping they would turn up?

Just because it looked like deliberate fraud doesn't mean it was. The only person who knows that for sure is Brian. There are lots of possible explanations ranging all the way from laziness and stupidity through to actual fraud.

Chances are we will never know for sure.

secret_squirrel":qms0cr45 said:
Logic.Al":qms0cr45 said:

Possibly because Brian was hoping they would turn up?

Just because it looked like deliberate fraud doesn't mean it was. The only person who knows that for sure is Brian. There are lots of possible explanations ranging all the way from laziness and stupidity through to actual fraud.

Chances are we will never know for sure.

I think if Brian is kosher and really did ship the items then surely he would of posted here immediately after you started this thread, or at least I would have done.

If you can, report him. Even if the local PD don't do anything this time at least they'll have a record of it if he does it again and someone else follows it up.

gtRTSdh":mefsrfcy said:
NeilM":mefsrfcy said:
So in other words, he knows full well that he is cheating and robbing people, but because they are on the other side of the internet, he really doesn't give a flying duck.... until someone gets clever and threatens to tell his local PD, which is when he ships his pants, as he knows the PD take this kind of fraud extremely seriously.

Well done for getting your money back and for handling things in such a gentlemanly manner; I would have just dropped the PD on the scrote, sat back and enjoyed the show.

Get your money back, remove it from paypal account, ring his PD. Protect others from this international fraudster.

I think after 8 pages of this, the lesson today children is

Don't pay by paypal gift. Ever.

Glad it was resolved to your satisfaction anyway Mr iShaw.

Back