other retro projects section??

other retro projects section??

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
David B":14c9kns3 said:
Plenty of retro 00-gauge trains here; not just retro 'cause they're models of steam locos but because most of them are 1970s/1980s (although I do have one made in 1959 and still going strong with the original motor!!). One is a '70s Airfix kit I turned into a working version with a few old Hornby spares. Photos to follow some time if anyone's interested in having a peek.

David

yes pleaes! the Airfix one sounds clever?

Chute55uk":20p9u9jk said:
WD Pro":20p9u9jk said:
Good call, I am just doing up my 87 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso / Gullwing Phoenix / Bullets etc.

It would be nice to record it somewhere :D

WD :D
Im trying to find a psycho stick or get my beloved jeff kendall graffitti back but its just not happening :(
by the way what size are your bullets and the hardness rating?

66mm / 92a :D

From this :

DSC08031_zps14d8756c.jpg

To this :

DSC08055_zps17b5715c.jpg

But I am getting rid of the neon colour scheme for the rebuild so these are going on :

DSC08100_zpsdcf1e5fa.jpg

DSC08102_zps618ecca7.jpg

I rescued the board from dads garage (I gave it to my sister and its since been used for moving heavy stuff around :LOL:), it's a toy box edition - I only wanted it back to film my GF's dance classes with the GoPro, funny how these projects start isn't it ... :LOL:

I was shocked at the value of some of these things - I should have looked after my toys better ... :shock:

WD :D

MCsanandreas":2jfgygji said:
David B":2jfgygji said:
Plenty of retro 00-gauge trains here; not just retro 'cause they're models of steam locos but because most of them are 1970s/1980s (although I do have one made in 1959 and still going strong with the original motor!!). One is a '70s Airfix kit I turned into a working version with a few old Hornby spares. Photos to follow some time if anyone's interested in having a peek.

David

yes pleaes! the Airfix one sounds clever?

There are a couple of photos in this reply (as attachments rather than "embedded" JPEGs) of both the Airfix BR 4MT 2-6-0 as above, and also one of my Hornby-Dublo 8F goods loco, which is the late 1950s one but with added detail (lamps, cab glazing etc.); I also replaced the original plastic HD carrying and tender wheels with modern metal ones. Hope the pics are worth the wait! The Airfix loco benefits an awful lot from a little extra detailing and especially modern "Pressfix" self-adhesive decals. I need to add some footplate crew figures to its cab some time soon.

David

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 203
2 votes for no!!!! shock horror lol, c'mon weve got a modern section ;), why not a retro section pmsl

This is a great idea that should be sorted as soon as possible... if not sooner.

I'm sure everyone is gagging to see all my shite!! although the missus is having her 74 Alfa spider restored at the mo'.

al. :D

Back