Drunks on our lawn

Here's a fictional account that's all over the internet, but perhaps you could use it for inspiration:

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE
Roger Gresse, an elderly man, from Zanesville, OH, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed. Roger opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?"

He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me."

Then the police dispatcher said. "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

Roger said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them," and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six police cars, a SWAT team, a helicopter, two fire trucks, a paramedic, and an ambulance showed up at the Gresse residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the policemen said to Roger, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

Roger said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

In all seriousness, though, I see your dilemma. On the one hand you don't want to get involved to the point that there will be repercussions in the future, but on the other hand, you want a safe place for your family. Maybe more outside lights? People involved in illegal activities would most probably shy away from a well-lit area. Perhaps your neighbors would want to share the cost of some outdoor lighting to help keep the neighborhood safe?

Best of luck to you.

In all seriousness, though, I see your dilemma. On the one hand you don't want to get involved to the point that there will be repercussions in the future, but on the other hand, you want a safe place for your family. Maybe more outside lights? People involved in illegal activities would most probably shy away from a well-lit area. Perhaps your neighbors would want to share the cost of some outdoor lighting to help keep the neighborhood safe?

Lighting dosen't allways have the affect you want as it means they can see what they are doing and you most definitely don't want to know as the local snitch I would go with CCTV dummie cameras with the red lights so it looks like I,R. Oh and a big yellow sign saying you got CCTV.

Latest posts

Back