44.1 KB · Views: 1,494
  • IBISBBAREA2.JPG
    IBISBBAREA2.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,494
  • IBISSTEM.JPG
    IBISSTEM.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,494
aaaahhh... xtr. we are getting close.
may i suggest something? drop the travel on that sid. from 80mm to 63mm..
the mojo you have is designed for 63mm.
ride it and tell us about it. :cool:

I have tried it with some judys, 63mm :roll: and I much prefer it the way it is.. no more forks , no more changing groupsets, just little fine tuning now.. it rides spot on, happy with it as is :) :)

Oh! and according to the IBIS catalogs it is designed for an 80mm fork.. :)

Hi Sithlord,

Very nice 'finished' result you got there

How did you connect the cable holder to the the fork brace?

The XC Pro front mech looks super elegant. Really like that mech. You say that XTR additions helped dropping the weight. For as far my knowledge goes a complete XC Pro groupset is the lighter of the two. Apparently you only swapped the XTR bits that are lighter than their XC Pro counterparts.

The IBIS handjob is so way Cool !

2029?! Man, it must be waaaaaaay retro now! :LOL:

Very very nice. One of my favourite bikes on here actually. :cool:

Hi Melvin,

The XC pro stuff is heavier than the XTR stuff by quite a bit overall, bar the front mech, and to be honest I think the XC Pro front mech is nicer looking and changes much cleaner than the XTR one.. IMO.. the forks are a set of Sid SLs which have a brace , that allowed me to mount a 'kona' hanger for the brakes , so problem solved..

I was initially going to use a newer set of Sids for the bike, with a 'lock out' lever mounted to the bars but decided that the older ones with the 'lock out' switch mounted on the legs would look cleaner and offer a small weight advantage too... ;) , I think it worked quite well.

Just for your interest I am intending to get the bike down to 20lbs all in weight :) :cool:

Sithlord":3gppjrmh said:
Just for your interest I am intending to get the bike down to 20lbs all in weight :) :cool:

I have bars that weight :)

I vaguely recall an article in UK mag of the early 90s that told me the complete XC Pro groupset was lighter. Maybe the Rapidfires contributed to the XTRs weight, I do not recall exactly. I am not really into the weight thing :oops:

Well the STi units weigh just slightly more than the seperate XC Pro brake lever/thumbshifter combo, but the main weigh advantage on the XTR is in the brakes and the rear mech, cassette, chainset.. not that I use the XC Pro/or XTR Chainset.. as the Cooks is lighter still .. I'll dig out my paperwork and I'll send you the weights fella. I think you will be surprised. ;)

Back