How to Spend It

Old Ned":2z0qt51h said:
bagpuss":2z0qt51h said:
torqueless":2z0qt51h said:
Oh dear...

Not being a regular FT reader I have no idea whether this is a developing bubble or a bursting one..... either way I don't expect it to do me any good..

Bagpuss you may need to think that through before commiting to action... :)

Mrs B only has to look in the garage to know this {As far as I am concerned.} :facepalm: :oops: :LOL:

Only the garage? Come on, your not trying! What about the shed, loft, cellar, spare room, conservatory etc. as well! ;)

Aaha...well some while ago there were 5 bikes in the spare room 1 behind the settee in the front room{a rather nice 1948 RRA} the loft contained about six frames and about 20 pairs of mudgards.following a course of succesful therapy i managed to downsize.
The late mother in laws garage was also full of wheels and frames later on so was my late mothers....further therapy and a bemused estate agents sorted this out. :oops:

Wait I want to see the loft too

btw Mr. Bagpuss the photos of your mate's RRA you posted last month really made me want to acquire one. So thanks for being an enabler.

Steven

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.
You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

images

I don't quite see what I did there....

I've found the secret to having as many bikes as you can afford. Marry a woman who was a bike racer, and make sure she rides the same size bike as you do. Mine does, we even wear the same size shoes. This was all I could get in the photo, more in the shed I'm afraid to say. They say addictions are treatable, but why?

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 91
Very impressive and also good advice (i.e. marry a cyclist who is your size)

My solution, not particularly novel, was to buy, resell, repeat until I had the collection I wanted without taking any money from the family budget.

Attachments

• My bike garage 5 web.jpg
    My bike garage 5 web.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 84
  • My bike garage 8 web.jpg
    My bike garage 8 web.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 84
  • My bike garage 2 web.jpg
    My bike garage 2 web.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 84
  • My bike garage 1 web.jpg
    My bike garage 1 web.jpg