new project: restore a battered Klein Attitude

obi-wan-mtb":3ipfdj0q said:
mkaavin":3ipfdj0q said:
Careless use from the previous owner! Sad becasue the Coral Reef is fairly rare at least to my knowledge especially in size L........and it's a beautuiful colour.

Needless to say....my opinion is to repaint it in the original colour. :)

Good luck with the restoration.

:)

Hmmm, indeed Coral Reef is pretty rare, well, for Attitudes I think, on Klein road bikes more common?
I never saw one in real life befor and on photo's the color seemed very nice.
In real the pink is, well, very pink.
The pink is a bit sun faded and under where once the chaintube protector sticker was it looks darker, towards light purple.

For sure it is gonna be a 1994 color.
Saw Painted Desert a week ago (also the first time in my life) and that color is beautiful (Barnefields Adroit).
I have already a 21" Sea&Sky so not gonna be Sea&Sky although I think that is my favorite color.

What is your thought about building it up with 1995-1996 specs?
Probably lots of Shimano M737/738/739 series and maybe some boutique in the brake department.

Gee, already thinking of building this one back up to!
First: re-paint
And this will take some time since the good painters are pretty busy.... :(

Well I actually have an Attitude in painted desert and as all Kleins I guess; it looks a lot better in real life than on pictures. The Sea & Sky is also beautiful but I too have never seen a Coral Reef with my own eyes. Still, looking at the pictures and compared to bikes I have seen, it has to be a really beautiful colour.

I also have to say that I used to like MC1 Kleins and the Liniear fades like Gator and Sunburst better but lately I have learned to appreciate the more subtle design of the paint jobs on the MC2's like PD or S&S. And MC2 frames are also better to ride than the MC1.

I too was thinking about building my bike period correct and use M737/738 (it is a better group than M900) but landed on building it with M900. M900 is the classic group, works well and looks better than anything. But I have a lot of M737 lying around so I might change my mind someday. :)

give the damaged areas a polish, my cannondale F2000 had some piant damage on it so I made sure I got all the loose paint off and gave it a polish and it actually came up pretty good

its the yuk white powdery stuff that makes them look poo

Code:
Luckily I could get it out through the hole in the Steerer tube (went pretty easy actually...).
Now I need a new one....

We change them for free before repainting frames.

klein

Erh, HELLLOOO!?

Where are all the offers with rigid Klein forks?
hmmmm, I am a little disappointed....
I know some of you have them...!

But to be more specific, they look like this:
forks5.jpg

Huh? Yep, indeed a photo with the exact 2 forks I need...! (see my signature as well...)

Well, unfortunately the ones pictured are not mine.... :(

So, get into your garages, your attics or sleeping rooms and search through your bikestuff and look for a fork similar as above.

:D

THANKS!

Hmm Stratas are really over rated....10 a penny! :LOL:
I could always convert a MC1 fork to MC2 but you've got to find a 21" one ideally....
J
DSC06905-001.jpg

Found a 135mm 0 MC2 steerer uncut!
To bad it is still in the USA and the 10 degree is allready at the paint shop.....
Hmmm... maybe when I receive the 0 degree steerer I gonna paint it also painted desert and will sell the 10 degree.....

Seems my biek is goin to be ready in the near future.

When it arrives I will keep you guys updated on building progress!

For the wheels: I was thinking black Syncros hubs with red FIR rims.
Good idea?

loving this, the colours..

Could certain painters not repair the paint rather than a full respray.

I know they are "wizards" :cool:

Looking for a MC2 Judy upper steerer thing for my Judy fork, steerer lengt 22cm please.
Have one to swap with about 20cm..

THANKS

Back