1992 Rocky Mountain Titanium

Thanks guys for the compliments! :D I'm very proud to own this. Only minor complaint is that the frame has been polished by the previous owner. As some know, the original finish for an RM Ti is a satin sand/bead blasted finish which I prefer. I'll leave it for now, but may consider doing that in the future. As it was polished, the decals are not original either. They are the orange decals from the Ti-bolt. So if I get it refinished, replacement decals are in order.

PeteC":3alckl75 said:
Where'd you find it? I saw one for sale in San Francisco (or somewhere outside of the city) a few months back. I emailed the guy, who was incredibly friendly, but he sold it before I could get out there.

Local find here in the GTA, which is rare thing for me. :D

RockiMtn":ous1ouop said:
Thanks guys for the compliments! :D I'm very proud to own this. Only minor complaint is that the frame has been polished by the previous owner. As some know, the original finish for an RM Ti is a satin sand/bead blasted finish which I prefer. I'll leave it for now, but may consider doing that in the future. As it was polished, the decals are not original either. They are the orange decals from the Ti-bolt. So if I get it refinished, replacement decals are in order.

PeteC":ous1ouop said:
Where'd you find it? I saw one for sale in San Francisco (or somewhere outside of the city) a few months back. I emailed the guy, who was incredibly friendly, but he sold it before I could get out there.

Local find here in the GTA, which is rare thing for me. :D

Local to boot---very lucky, indeed. In the 8 years I live in the GTA, I never saw a TiBolt anywhere, much less one for sale.

Any chance you saw this 1992 Blizzard? I emailed the shop a while back, but it sold long ago.

(scroll down, the Blizzard is about 1/2 down the page)
http://www.torontocyclist.com/bbc/9bikes4sale.html

PeteC":1ubb1yyq said:
Local to boot---very lucky, indeed. In the 8 years I live in the GTA, I never saw a TiBolt anywhere, much less one for sale.

Any chance you saw this 1992 Blizzard? I emailed the shop a while back, but it sold long ago.

(scroll down, the Blizzard is about 1/2 down the page)
http://www.torontocyclist.com/bbc/9bikes4sale.html

No I hadn't, that's a first I've seen that. Locally I've picked up a 1990 in really bad shape, had a look at a 1993 that was too big for me which was also in poor condition, and almost picked up a 1994 in fairly good shape. Hammers and Fusions are the staples for the offerings in GTA unfortunately. :(

Verrrrryyyy nice!

Maybe can Moots or Kent Eriksen help you redo the frame-finish, both use a sort of blasting too. But I dot not known if that finish is comparable to the original finish. Personally I think the blasted finish looks better.

Any ideas of the build?

So I've begun the transplant from the old to new frame. First to be moved over is the Syncro Ti BB, Revolution cranks w/COM and matching rings.

I've decided the build will mostly be the same as before, but with a few choice "updates" with parts I have socked in the drawers. I've opted to lose the XT m730 bear traps and go with XT m737 SPDs with Ti spindles.

Attachments

• DSC03037.JPG
    DSC03037.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC03035.JPG
    DSC03035.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 460
I've removed the existing XT m740 headset that came with the frame and will be updating with an XTR m900, instead of using the CK headset off the prev build. Also updating with a nicer XTR m900 rear mech and set of canti that has intact logos. Some Ti brake hardware with a new set of brake holder/pads.

As for tyres, not sure if I'll keep the Specialized Umma Gumma tyres in grey, or perhaps switch to these Ritchey Zmax Megabite tyres in red.

Attachments

• DSC03042.JPG
    DSC03042.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC03041.JPG
    DSC03041.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC03040.JPG
    DSC03040.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC03039.JPG
    DSC03039.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 458
This is going to be sweet Frank. I love those Ritchey tyres but will they clash a bit with the decals, its hard to see on my phone!

Back