1997 Amp Research B4 Mercedes Benz

Thats stunning mate will ride so nice.. what about a carbon fibre seatpost though for the extra F1 touch :cool:

I would run a carbon post but, I think the black would look bad mated with the polished seat mast. I've run lots of polished alum to play off the fork crown area. I do have one and will try it when I finish the build.

Cheers

I rebuilt my fork today; Since it was already in 50 pieces I figured I'd throw 'em at the polishing wheel

Amp014_zps4cef68d8.jpg

Amp013_zps43f7e7de.jpg

The anodizing on my brake calipers is faded so I gave them a little blast with the rattle can.
I've been looking for something to try out the new Dupli-Color MetalCast product on;
From their site;
Restyling Products
Metalcast™

Dupli-Color® Metalcast™ Anodized Color turns ordinary chrome pieces into a bright, transparent-colored metallic finish in an easy one-step process. Metalcast is a durable enamel finish that is oil, gas, and heat resistant to 500° F intermittently, making it ideal for interior, exterior, and high-heat applications under the hood. Specially formulated to work over properly prepared shiny, bare metal, and faux chrome-like surfaces.

Seems to look pretty nice;

Amp009_zps1849955e.jpg

Amp008_zps4652f5c8.jpg

Amp007_zpsc33e27ca.jpg

Back on the bike;

Amp017_zpsf2df14e5.jpg

Amp016_zps4280094d.jpg

I also polished my stem and installed a carbon riser bar;

Amp015_zps433c974a.jpg

The ground is thawing over here in Canada and I'm back to building new trails :D Riding season is upon us :D
I've almost finished my rear mech; I'm just waiting for the Ti bits now;

AmpB4CustomXTRRD-M950sgs002_zpsfff41bd6.jpg

AmpB4CustomXTRRD-M950sgs011_zpsa30457a2.jpg

A little update; I've sorted the UST tires on the Non-UST rims with no tire sealant. I've done the bracket for the Flight Deck head unit. I'll put up pictures of that after the Ti bits arrive. I've sorted the rear brake rotor hitting the end of the suspension linkage bolt. Pictures after the Ti bits arrive. Sorted the front derailleur cable stop. Waiting for Ti for this as well but, I did take a picture;

Update; I finished the mounting bracket for the Flight Deck head unit. I was waiting for the Ti hardware;

I also finished the rear suspension linkage bolts. There had been a clearance issue with the brake rotor.
Drive side, stock dimensions replaced with Ti hardware. No clearance issues;

Disc rotor side, machined and Ti hardware;

It's a tight fit but now it's standard ISO dimensions so I can run modern disc wheels;

Back