Long shot but, Daewoo Matiz fault

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not my car my son's. It drove fine from Nottingham to Wintringham, Malton. but then on his way back to Beverley the check engine sign came on and it lost power for just a second then regained it, it did this a few times before he turned back then him and the neighbours checked and tightened connections but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Alison

That is a long shot, loss of power usually means one of the 3 elements needed to make the power is missing, intermittent loss of power can be something entirely different.
loss of power:coil pack breaking down, fuel pump breaking down or the electrical supply to it, o2 sensor malfuntioning (im guessing its this one as its usually the culprit), fuel rail pressure inadequate, injectors sticking, spark plugs failing, air flow meter failing, crank sensor failing, head temp sensor failing, cam sensor failing
intermittent loss of power: all of the above unfortunately.
good news though. it threw up an ecu light this is good as a diagnostic will give a fault code saying what sensor put the light on (im betting o2 sensor)
any decent mobile mechanic should have the readers and be able to tell you what it is. THEN shop around for a quote to get it fixed. it should cost around £30 for the diagnosis and the sky is the limit for repair work.
im guessing its petrol and not a diesel.

Could be an ignition coil.

But Beverly? *I have to do this)

Dried shit ache mushrooms!! The dirty bastards!

Logic.Al":3btta8om said:
Could be an ignition coil.

But Beverly? *I have to do this)

Dried shit ache mushrooms!! The dirty bastards!

He's at the Normandy Barracks nr Beverley training to drive large vehicles, he needs it soon to take him back to his barracks in Plymouth.

Alison

Needs plugging in. Has he got breakdown cover? Otherwise needs to go to garage to find out why engine light came on.

I think when he got insured he did get some breakdown cover, with 10 mile recovery, he'll have to sort the garage out at the weekend when he's back.

Alison

If he calls them out it maybe something they'll fix at roadside. RAC did our Fabia last week when it went with a mis-fire on cylinder 3. Was a coil then. Cost us £37 for them to fix.

Back