cheap specialized frame - £30 posted SOLD

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Specialized Hardrock Comp frame. 19 inch aluminium hardtail (can get other measurements on request)
is fine set up with sus or rigid. V brake only.
i've used it with gears and as single speed and is a more than capable work horse.

- decent condition - no dents or dinks, but has the usual signs of cable rub and some chips to the paint work around the usual areas - but nothing serious.
- BB threads all good - have given them a good clean.
- I also have the cable guide for the underside of the BB shell.
- Have also given it 2 new hanger bolts recently.
- oh - and its a 68mm shell width too :)

The only gripe is the headtube - the headset cups i've used (tange Ahead and Chris King) haven't been a particularly tight fit. this can be solved by using loctite or there may be a headset with a slightly larger diameter. i can measure the headtube and let you know if you want.
i have ridden this frame (gently) as a commuter for about 2 years. i've cared for it, but it had been subjected to this recent (and very wet) winter - when i removed the bottom bracket, there was a build up of water and grit inside. but as i mentioned, i have given it a good clean out and its been sat in my bedroom for a few weeks now, so has had plenty of time to dry out (the pics were taken pre clean up!)

that's its really.
asking for £30 inc postage.
i can even throw in some headset spacers :) it comes with the sharkfin chainstay protector too :)
i'll post it using a courier (UPS) - please allow at least 3 working days for me to get it ready for postage.

anything i've missed, just ask :)

now for the pics...

IMG_0082_zps855e8862.jpg

IMG_0069_zpsf0f8ecfd.jpg

IMG_0070_zpsf7bf5ad7.jpg

IMG_0077_zps7a3ea6b5.jpg

IMG_0081_zps69bfdfc1.jpg

IMG_0080_zpsa0dec727.jpg

IMG_0079_zps3f977569.jpg

IMG_0078_zps0a7c0697.jpg

IMG_0076_zps6c430874.jpg

IMG_0075_zps6c4cfd3f.jpg

IMG_0074_zpsa8a324fb.jpg

IMG_0073_zpsf579a7a5.jpg

IMG_0072_zps95538b0a.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsddfb2c89.jpg

Re: cheap specialized frame - £30 posted

lumos2000":151catf9 said:
wow that rug brings back memories :)

you can find me regularly partaking in a race round that track with my son :)

BUMP!

c'mon, this is a good frame. done me proud :)

Very nice but its only a Hardrock I paid 20 for my Rockhopper FS with parts. Just how the cookie crumbles :(

cmw90":2nvxg6e9 said:
Very nice but its only a Hardrock I paid 20 for my Rockhopper FS with parts. Just how the cookie crumbles :(

was that posted?
i'm open to offers - and i'm a nice chap that throws things in if i'm treated nice :)
its only worth as much as you're willing to pay. £30 is a fair starting price.
it's not usually the done thing to comment on the price of items in a for sale thread (read dem forum rules) but i'll let this one slide ;)

Back