MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Fat update:
Received my Phat Albert Rims yesterday, ano red and about 50mm wide, rather nice.
Received my front Surly Nate tyre today, just cant get over how huge it is :shock:
Ordered a ano red rear wide 24" rim from Tarty Bikes

Why the 24 inch wheel, well because my On-one 456 makes a perfect half fat as a rear 24 x 3" DH tyre fits perfectly but the rim on the cheapo 24" wheel I fitted it to for sizing/visualising purposes is too narrow.

Determined to get wheels built this month and with home bodged forks (they will be safe) get Half Fat built for Fat Forth weekend :cool:

Any fat bikes that I can get on the c2w scheme ?
Seen the on-one fatty ,any other cheapies I should look at ?

Fat mike

Triton are selling the mukluk frame/fork for £319 noo. ARGH.

It is possibly to build something up relatively cheaply - Ask Chiefy/Jamie, pretty sure both their builds were much cheaper than you'd think.

Mind most (all?) fat bike can be run with 29er wheels in them. Try Law cycles in North Berwick, fairly heavily into the fat bike scene, do the cycle to work and have a few on hand to try, still nothing under a grand but maybe you could work something out by buying a build kit then dipping into the mikee parts warehouse.

kaiser":1czngd80 said:
maybe you could work something out by buying a build kit then dipping into the mikee parts warehouse.

That was my thought. Frame, forks, tyres and rims are the only specific fat things. Oh and bb. Under a grand for all that. The rest is all just bits.

Beware of Triton though, claim to have things in stock they don't have.

Triton are no bad, just bought a Nate tyre off them fo £60 delivered, arrived 2 days after I bought it. They are no more guilty of selling what they dont actually have in stock than at least a dozen other internet dealers.

Looking at Coastkids blog and he points out a good inner tube option for fat tyres. He says 21 x 3" motocross inner tubes work fine and upon study I agree and they're a wee bit cheaper but best of all plentifully available :cool:

If the on-one fatty had rack bosses it would have been a no-brainer for me - I even like the twin top tube design. The mukluk is a good deal but something about the design at the head tube puts me off, the pug is much nicer.

Back