Cambusbarron woods & north third - new date SAT 20th APRIL

Re: Cambusbarron woods & north third - sunday 31st March.

you dragging fat gazz out on this ?

yep he's up for it. had him round there as his first ride out a few weeks ago and he seemed to enjoy it.

you gonna come along to this one mate ?

I'll try to be there but what kind of bike recommended, full modern bouncy or old school rigid ?

i think you can do it rigid Velo, the cliff route is rooty as is the final descent but should be doable. will be feckin sore on the arms though as it is a long one. Mind the GT meet in december, when i had to do it on my spare SS bike, well i would say it would be no worse than doing GT rigid if that puts it in perspective.

i did it last time on my modern bouncer which made it easyish TBH.

Hmmm, possible last outing for 456 before I half fat it :D

Oh aye, I'm up for this too.

I'll try and make this

Work beckons :(

ok guys, a bit of advance planning for this.

i've tried to upload a couple of pdfs but apparently it is not an allowed file type!!!

so basic directions is come off M9 at jnct 10 then you are heading for Quarry Road cambusbarron. there is a wee car park but plenty of side streets for parking. if we aim to arrive 10ish and riding by half past.

there are too many turns to fully describe so please google maps or satnav it.

the route is mix of forest trail single track and fire road. the trails are mainly blue / red graded there are a couple fo sections along the cliff tops that require care, and there are a couple of hike-a-bike bits. the final descent is red graded and tough on the arms even on a full susser.

total distance about 15k and 500mm ascent. riding time will be 3-4 hours depending on our pace and blether stops.

Back