Tour Of Britain

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Pretty much passes my house on Saturday, anyone else planning on watching it live on the weekend ??

What is the route on saturday ?

Is it the one by paddock wood ? If yes I might ride down there .

yes that's the one, it comes via Paddock Wood past Brenchley (where I live which is on a bit of a hill so could be quite a good viewing spot) and then on to Goudhurst.

Supposed to be getting to Brenchley at 11:40 'ish ..

I'm definitley going to be up there watching so let me know if you fancy it and we can meet up somewhere.. I'll check out the exact route before hand and get the best spot !

mmmm in retrospect not my greatest idea ever .... Riders were 30 mins late and not racing, it was pissing down, cold, and the little one decided she'd had enough of being in the backpack and wanted to play with the police motorcycle outriders ...

All that for 20 secs of not even being able to spot the yellow jersey due to waterproofs...

Lessons learned for Tour De france next year:

1) No Child
2) No Wife
3) Watch from Top of hill

they were late as they took the wrong road int he rning and decided to go slow as a protest .

The big difference with the tour is that you get 100 cars throwing stuff before the race , very entertaining for kids .

But for next year as a few of us are interested , we could actually ride our bikes and watch them . and if i start being nice to my wife now , we might even use my house as a HQ and local caff . :roll:

Latest posts

Back