Monthly vintage bike ride Pasadena CA

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Attached are a few of the pics from the vintage bike ride held the first Sunday of every month at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. The ride has been going on for some time, I have been a regular for 5 years, and there is always something interesting. This month there were a lot of current bikes but a few really nice old bikes too. The ride is medium pace, about 25 miles, so if you are ever in the LA area come on by for some fun.

Attachments

• Vintage Ride March 15 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 15 web.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 13 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 13 web.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 11 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 11 web.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 10 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 10 web.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 9 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 9 web.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Vintage Ride March 8 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 8 web.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 6 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 6 web.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Vintage Ride March 5 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 5 web.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 340
Some more pics from Pasadena Vintage ride

Attachments

• Vintage Ride March 4.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 4.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Vintage Ride March 3 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 3 web.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Vintage Ride March 2 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 2 web.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Vintage Ride March 1 web.jpg
    Vintage Ride March 1 web.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 338
Ahhhhh California and retro bikes. Heaven. Is there any chance there's a shortage of kitchen and bathroom fitters out there??? :LOL:

Nice to see a pair of Mafac Top 63 brakes actually in use - and at the limit of their adjustment by the look of it! Interesting collection of machines, love the Condor.

Old Ned - we actually talked for a bit about the adjustment of those brakes tuns out it was a bit overdone.

American Friend - The Champagne colored bike is my 1983 3Rensho standard, and I too like the bike license. That Legnano was ridden by the original owner who raced it in the '60s.

Shawnb - As a matter of fact I think you would do quite well here in the home remodel business. Here in SoCal we love to overdo things and people are crazy about their Kitchens and bathrooms. The new standard for mansions on the west side is to have about two bathrooms for every bedroom. (i'm not kidding)

Steven

lewisfoto":2k6bixaj said:
Old Ned - we actually talked for a bit about the adjustment of those brakes tuns out it was a bit overdone.

Yes, it looks as if he has the blocks coming on to the rims from below rather than the side. I reckon the whole design is a bit suspect TBH, probably why they never caught on, especially in the pro peloton.

Steven,

What is the best airline to fly with - particularly one which is gentle with bikes...

On this occasion - i will NOT get my coat - i'll get my Factor 50!!!

Richard

Just a Thought: Champagne is light, so was the question about the white/silver bike? - That is a custom made 1982 Peugeot Prestige with Spidel branded Simpex drivetrain, which is also piloted by the original owner.

Also to Richard, I am not sure which airline is the best but if you come here I will set you up with a suitable machine. Also the spf 50 is advisable particularly in summer when the heat does not stop.

Steven,

I need Factor 50 and a snorkel jacket!!!!! Even the i will burn!!!! I might bring my Rossin when i get her built!!!!

Richard

Back