Cable guides, for disc brakes?

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
What do folk use to secure disc brake cable/hose to their retro frames? :?

I want to run a hose along the top tube then down to the rear disc mount, I don't want to drill the cable stops out, so I'm looking for a fairly elegant/classy solution (does such a thing exist?).

I remember a previous suspension fork had Hope cable guide and a blank bolt where the canti studs would have been, I assume this would work on the rear too? what size would it be for the rear canti studs? I have seen the Hope guides in 8mm and 10mm :?

It will be 8mm or 10mm depending on the frame you have. It varies.

I bought some stick on hose guides that do the job for me but it leaves the cable guides looking a bit sad and abandoned. Since then I saw some nice ones that fit into the cable guides and run the hose alongside them. It may have be SJS that sold them.

hmmm... I just bought some of these...
$T2eC16NHJF0E9nmFQit+BRK(E1Bw0Q~~60_35.JPG

The frame is a Pace Rc200, will the rear canti studs be 8mm or 10mm??

I have a pair of Shimano hose clips similar to the first lot posted but they are not held in place very well.

On the GF commuter, I made my own from a pair of 6 mm P-clips - cheaper than chips - the end is melted to make it bulge out so it does not pop out and then the clip is slotted into the guide.

(I keep meaning to open out the guides but never seem to get round to it - ofcourse it would need the olive to be removed to feed the hose through the guide).

Attachments

• DSC08381.JPG
    DSC08381.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 269
Back