F418059 - Pace RC200 *Back Home 2023*

Re: F418059

matt24777":58jl5gic said:
Droooooool!

Will be watching with interest. Not tempted by a USE post then?
Nooooooooooo!!!! as stated in my original F5 instructions-Do not use a seatpost with a shim,only correct 29.4mm to be used....something to do with the warranty

stocko":2bb4gm59 said:
matt24777":2bb4gm59 said:
Droooooool!

Will be watching with interest. Not tempted by a USE post then?
Nooooooooooo!!!! as stated in my original F5 instructions-Do not use a seatpost with a shim,only correct 29.4mm to be used....something to do with the warranty

That's a damn good reason then! :D :oops: :D

Rich":1onijmxu said:
Sounds nice Paul,

Set of middleburns would go well with this build, I still fancy a Campagnolo Equipped Pace, or complete Euro build.

Royce rocks by the way and Cliff is the man!!!

Pace used mainly RF Turbines on these, strangely they didn't actually like Middleburns, many were specc'd with Ringle Hubs, Thermo headsets, Turbines, Ringle/Syncros/RF seatposts and Hope or real seal BB's. I have a set of Middleburns on mine, but they don't look right, so a set of Turbines are on the way! The square Tutbine's profile seems to suit the square frame tubes better
Excuse the poor pic quality, was nearly dark.
The frame looks like new, would love an earliar silver one too!

Bikes010-1_zpsb2fb1302.jpg

Bikes009-1_zps16bdd4bb.jpg

Middleburns don't look right on a Pace?

Heathen! Have you not read from the Great Book of Square, Gospel according to Burt? "And lo, thou shalt put them Middleburn cranks on thine frame, and wear holy Converse Allstars"

Anyone built a Pace up and not been attracted by the Holy Grail of an all British build? (I think it is the law).
My f8 - Hope, USE, Middleburn wherever possible. Welcome back to the club

Lovely looking red Pace there mate, but have to agree with Radar about the Middleburn comment!

So come on then, how would your UK build look then??

Rich

Radar":3ar32yl5 said:
Middleburns don't look right on a Pace?

Heathen! Have you not read from the Great Book of Square, Gospel according to Burt? "And lo, thou shalt put them Middleburn cranks on thine frame, and wear holy Converse Allstars"

Anyone built a Pace up and not been attracted by the Holy Grail of an all British build? (I think it is the law).
My f8 - Hope, USE, Middleburn wherever possible. Welcome back to the club

Mine's still getting cnc Turbines, which was Pace' No 1 crank of choice, despite having a few Middleburns, the bars are also German Schmolke's (as they weigh 75g in 620mm) The Pace RC 45 stems looked pretty, but they were very prone to twisting, my LBS got every one back they sold. Hence Pace went back to RF.

Interesting comment on RC45s. Again I've run one since I bought my f8 in 2002. Good, solid reliable bit of kit. First time I've heard that rc45 dtems were prone to twisting (and I know a few other long time users)

Radar":2bprk1ca said:
Interesting comment on RC45s. Again I've run one since I bought my f8 in 2002. Good, solid reliable bit of kit. First time I've heard that rc45 dtems were prone to twisting (and I know a few other long time users)

I twisted 3 myself BITD and I'm a lightweight, honking up around the NY moors on the big climbs or hammering down the rocky trails usually did the job pretty effectively. The round profile and thin tubing was the problem. After I'd twisted a couple (and a few of my mates did the same) You could interestingly twist them back the other way by hand (not good) I've seen a few snap too across one of the clamp bands. Admittedly the terrain around here is probably some of the toughest in the UK, why the XC round was moved from Dalby, too many complaints of broken frames/wheels/seatposts from the pro riders. But other stems stood up ok.

Not much of an update to this......

Silver thomson post arrived from the usa,and is absolutely mint

sourced a few more parts too :D

Rc 30's
hope ti wheels
king headset
clear x ray gripshift

Back