1994 Dean Ti - FINISHED (again) 05/07/2018

Re: 1994 Dean **FINISHED 3/1/13**

ez054098":3lqlprgm said:
I can now start riding it. I always held off since it I knew it wasn't finished, probably a personality quirk. I really didn't like the Surly forks and in my mind it took away from the enjoyment. Those Surly forks were so heavy compared to the Pepperoni forks.
Nevertheless, they looked a better length than these ones. It looks like a pre-suspension length fork fitted to a suspension-adjusted frame, resulting in quite a steep head angle. But I guess if you like very sharp handling and a very low front end, it may be just what you need!

Re: 1994 Dean Titanium - FINISHED 3/1/13

Looking very nice. I disagree about the forks, the pepperonis look fine.

Anthony":16x27e2x said:
ez054098":16x27e2x said:
I can now start riding it. I always held off since it I knew it wasn't finished, probably a personality quirk. I really didn't like the Surly forks and in my mind it took away from the enjoyment. Those Surly forks were so heavy compared to the Pepperoni forks.
Nevertheless, they looked a better length than these ones. It looks like a pre-suspension length fork fitted to a suspension-adjusted frame, resulting in quite a steep head angle. But I guess if you like very sharp handling and a very low front end, it may be just what you need!

I rode it a lot this weekend and the front end felt much better. Stiffer. These Pepperoni's came off of a 1995 C-Dale. I will measure the axel to crown at lunch.

Lovely machine. 23lb! That's a shade over 10kilo; do you think you could get it any lower?

Real nice bike! Only the seatpost is really high.. Is it such a small frame?? Must be great living in the Bay area ( i always follow today's ride..) and riding a Dean Ti! ;) ;)

dalecooper":2qnzea4i said:
Real nice bike! Only the seatpost is really high.. Is it such a small frame?? Must be great living in the Bay area ( i always follow today's ride..) and riding a Dean Ti! ;) ;)

Yep, it was too high. I lowered it for this weekend's ride. :)

Anthony":138j2vjq said:
ez054098":138j2vjq said:

Crown to axel on the Pepperoni fork measures 406mm. The Surlys were 413mm. My 1992 M800 with Pepperoni forks measure 393mm. Remember back then, travel on the average suspension fork was around 2.5 to 3 inches.

stevet1":s2c9aajv said:
Looking very nice. I disagree about the forks, the pepperonis look fine.

Me too. They fit the bike IMO. It is such a different feel than aluminum, which is all I have ever owned.

Attachments

• IMG_0451s.jpg
    IMG_0451s.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 316
Back