Fault code readers...

Had exactly the same problem on the TT as well as quite a rough idle after the auto choke cut outand was getting a fault code saying that the N275 valve wasn't working correctly, went on a forum to ask advice and was told to remove the throttle body, completely degrease and clean it with the appropriate cleaners and refit, did all that (piece of cake) and it totally cured the problem and cleared the fault code, the throttle body was filthy and full of gunk, the fault code that was being thrown up was actually to do with a pressure reg valve, nothing to do with the throttle body but causing the code to show....if you can fit and adjust a derailleur you can remove, clean and refit a throttle body.

B77":347yzd3y said:
Had exactly the same problem on the TT as well as quite a rough idle after the auto choke cut outand was getting a fault code saying that the N275 valve wasn't working correctly, went on a forum to ask advice and was told to remove the throttle body, completely degrease and clean it with the appropriate cleaners and refit, did all that (piece of cake) and it totally cured the problem and cleared the fault code, the throttle body was filthy and full of gunk, the fault code that was being thrown up was actually to do with a pressure reg valve, nothing to do with the throttle body but causing the code to show....if you can fit and adjust a derailleur you can remove, clean and refit a throttle body.

it did look to be an easy part to remove. may attempt this at the weekend if its in the haynes manual....:S

twain":1ms90tah said:
B77":1ms90tah said:
it did look to be an easy part to remove. may attempt this at the weekend if its in the haynes manual....:S
The reason I mentioned whether it's an ETM and throttle position and idle relearning, is that on some Nissans (I only really know about the larger engined ones, though) when you remove the throttle body, you have to remove the multi-plug to it - and once that's removed, you have to do the procedure for it to relearn the position and relearn idle.

If your Micra has a similar throttle arrangement, worth considering. I have the PDFs from the service manual for the procedure for the larger engines.

thought i'd already posted this, but this is a pic of my throttle body:

Adur-20111020-00114.jpg

does this look simialr to the ones you are talking about Neil?
i could get a clearer pic at some point.
i'd like to see those PDFs if you dont mind?

...normal OBD code readers do NOT work on Nissans. Nissan have their own hybrid software language called CONSULT. You can get readers for this but they are well into 4 figures.

On most Nissans you can still read the codes via the alarm led - what year is your car?

Ade

ovlov440":208d3ehi said:
...normal OBD code readers do NOT work on Nissans. Nissan have their own hybrid software language called CONSULT. You can get readers for this but they are well into 4 figures.

On most Nissans you can still read the codes via the alarm led - what year is your car?

Ade
Depends on the year, I've used my generic code reader on a 2004 Nissan quite happily.

twain":3qlapi7p said:
thought i'd already posted this, but this is a pic of my throttle body:

Adur-20111020-00114.jpg

does this look simialr to the ones you are talking about Neil?
i could get a clearer pic at some point.
i'd like to see those PDFs if you dont mind?
This bit the blue arrow points to, looks to be a TPS. The black bit at the top with the other multi-plug? Not sure if that's an IACV, or it's a true ETM.

Will dig out the docs and PM them - might be later on, though.

Neil":aszrn6o0 said:
ovlov440":aszrn6o0 said:

Ade
Depends on the year, I've used my generic code reader on a 2004 Nissan quite happily.

...I was always told that post '2000 cars all used CONSULT (ours is a 2004 X-Trail). PITA whichever way you look at it :evil:

ovlov440":1ke5eu81 said:
Neil":1ke5eu81 said:
ovlov440":1ke5eu81 said:

Ade
...I was always told that post '2000 cars all used CONSULT (ours is a 2004 X-Trail). PITA whichever way you look at it :evil:
As I said, I've definitely used a generic code reader to read codes on a 2004 Nissan.

Several marques have their own "value-add" system - so you want to do anything more than the generic - you need the HFM machine or modules.

From memory, the service documents I'm mentioned to the OP, mention consult - it just so happens that there are procedures to do the same thing without it.

Back