The Kitbag....

na, you only need a coke can, unravel it to use as a blanket, signal to helicopters by refecting the sun using morse code, cut a bit off to use as a scalpel to do emergency ops, cut of a slither to make a needle to stitch yourself up, when the your food runs out press it into your thigh to cut out a burger for food, and then of course it can be used as a cooker to cook the burger.

looking for a few items of luggage, none of yir Louis Vuitton pash

was thinking about some dry bags, one under the saddle, one on the bars (I don't like weight on my back, whilst puffing and panting)

on the front

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?tar ... ory_id=324

and probably a dry bag tethered to a seat post mounted, beam rack..

any ideas, suggestions, beam racks are a bit dear

Singletrack reviewed a bike mounted sling for seat post and bars that hold a dry bag. Could still be pricey if I remember. I'll have a look tonight and post the company's web address.

If you have a 27.2mm seatpost, get a 27.2-28.6 seatpost shim (Aprox £5) and a long 28.6mm AHead stem. Attach to seat post and fit a cut short handlebar then bungee stuff sack to the cut off bars.
Alternatively strap a length of wood with heavy duty zip ties to cross bar so it extends rearwards of saddle as a boom and strap stuff sack to rear boom.
Alternatively strap stuff sack to handlebars.
Alternatively buy a beam rack..........last is most sensible, cheap ones do exist !

good thinking velo, however the post is 30.9 (on both bikes)

yes Kaiser, in the first instance the tallboy for my inverness to crianlarich trip in Oct'.
Long term though, I'm considering setting up the Klein Pulse as a bikepacking stead for some full camping.So the above plus a frame bag.

probably can get away with 20l handlebar bag and camelbag for GGW + WHW as I'm hoping to score accommodation that doesn't require sleeping bags.

Back