£2000.00 What retro bike?

Re:

robins":1f7uqhnp said:
Definatly ti for £2000 imo hand made and last for ever
Or maybe not......

I haven't read all of this thread but as you go by the name of "Kona Lover" I'd suggest finding a nice Kona Hot frame and build a bike up from that. Steel is where it's at, yessir :cool: .

Have you bought anything yet? I for one and I suspect many others would luv to have/see where £2k goes in the strange world of Retro bikes? always nice to see what you could of had(in my case "we" got a 2004 fiesta instead of a fat bike n cant get till together for a dream Klein on ebay now grrrrrrr)

Kona lover":2l2bdea3 said:
Hi all

I may be in the situation in a couple of months where I could have £2000 to buy a retro bike.

Given the chance what would be your choice?

I'm thinking Klein gator fade.
A Cleland or Highpath if I had that kind of cash.

Is someone else's idea of a 2K bike going to ride any better than a '97 Kilauea you build yourself for a fraction of that?

I doubt it.... :|

Why not take the time to sit back and go over all the winning 'bikes of the month' to get an idea of what you'd want.
Chances are if you go and buy something on a recommendation it'll be hit or miss as to whether you actually enjoy riding it or owning it.

Original factory purple Pace F2...i can remember a member a member on here that was after a new bike £2000 or over and he messaged me with a offer of £2520 probably should have sold it at that time :D i would let it go for that but really love that Pace in that purple :D its is the same purple as the Renthal purple sub 130 handlebars

I was in a similar position 11 years ago. Just beeen given some money by my old man, and got a tax rebate. I had £2k in the bank. I should have been boring and spent it on the house/wife/family. But I didn't I had the chance to own *the* bike I'd always wanted. Sold my Marin to help top the pot up and I got my Pace f8. Selfish, maybe, but do I regret it - no! I work damned hard, and as a dad of four I am at the bottom of the pecking order. So just for once I had a treat.

I'd say you have 2 choices - buy the dream bike that you always wanted. Or have the a new steed built; custom frame, everything just so. Personally I'd go for option 2. Have a read of 'It's all about the bike' you might even find the programme they made on Youtube. Then decide whether 2nd hand or new.

Back