1990 Klein Attitude 22" XL

Re: Big Klein for Big Men... XL Attitude

7805CDCD-7830-4D7D-ADE1-79E5DBAC820C-871-00000084B147AA25_zpsd366ca2d.jpg

:LOL:

Rule 1. Ground must be dry
Rule 2. Sky must be cloudless with no rain forecast for the following seven days
Rule 3. RIGID forks
Rule 4. Twice hourly stop and polish breaks
Rule 5. No mud (dust allowed in moderation)
Rule 6. No rocks/roots/jumps or drop-offs of more than 10mm in order to limit risk of box-fork equipt Kleins cracking
Rule 7. All seatposts must be over 400mm

Strangely, mine never goes off road and is only used when either my Top Gun or my girlfriends Rascal commuter is broken !!! There was once a thread somewhere here about a guy chatting to her as she rode home on it. It is also dirty from road grime, hanging on a rack with a flat rear from the last time she used it as a commuter. I have also set some PBs on Strava when I have used it as a commuter on my journey to Canary Wharf

So for kvs766, yes ours does get used.

I also believe that Jon Rock has one he thrashes to and from work, so there are some Dolomites that do get ridden

So, if you ever do see a Dolomite riding along the Embankment with a rack attached, it will be either me or the girlfriend.

So, when will this happen? Hopefully when it is warmer as it is bloody cold riding at the moment in Richmond Park as I discovered this morning !!!

Rule 10. If NOS parts are to be used (ruined/soiled) please ensure you have the necessary proof/paperwork to back up the authenticity (original packaging (NIB) ideal). It goes without saying that any soiled NOS should be replaced with like for like NOS prior to any public facing 'Peacocking'/stop offs.

Real details of this meet to follow shortly in a new thread. All Klein owners welcome.

Re - the suggested Richmond Dolomite 'off', I have put together a 'meet' thread on the Rides forum - click below for more info and to register your interest!!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=245953

Re: Big Klein for Big Men... XL Attitude [update]

I hate being ill, but unfortunately I've developed a severe case of man-flu in the night (violins please) and there's nothing worse than being incapacitated on the sofa when there's a hundred and one things to do! Of course its even more annoying when the weather outside is glorious. So anyway I thought sod it and while dosed up on remedy I set to finishing the man-Klein :cool:

I took a couple of shit pics with my phone to give you a sneak preview but when I get chance I'll get out on it and take a few proper shots with a complete run-down of finalized spec-sheet.

Ditched the Flite in favour of an Avocet.. twice the weight but twice the smiles :D
IMG_3529_zps2562190e.jpg

A big idiot with a hat on...
IMG_3523_zps01ba7ec2.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more updates :cool:

986's are so nice, and what you say, easier to set up than Shimano, i got the 985 and 987 as well ;)

With all the black stuff on the bike, i would like the black wheels more, but i'm almost a black wheel addict.....

Really nice bike!

Finally finished off my Attitude so I present to you the 'complete' MAN-KLEIN. I've just taken it outside to take a couple of pictures but I'll follow up soon with a full picture and ride report :D

Spec-wise it's exactly how I want it. I was chatting to another Klein nut on Monday (you know who you are Mr. Treacle ;)) and we briefly touched on factory spec. This prompted me to have a look at the 1990 Catalogue to see how close I was off the mark. Apart from one or two things I'm not far off :cool:. It seems I'm particularly lucky with the tyres as Lawrence (previous owner) supplied a NOS set of Ground Controls which I didn't think much of until it was pointed out to me that that's what came on the Attitude as standard.

So the spec:

Frame: Klein Attitude 22” [XL]
Fork: Klein
Stem/Handlebar: Klein MC1
Headset: Klein
Grips: ODI Attack [non-spec]

Brakes F&R: Dia Compe 986
Brake Blocks: Dia Compe
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M095

Shifters: Shimano XT M095
Front Mech: Shimano XT M735