The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Andrew. I do take such negative comments a bit personally sometimes :oops:

I think the price isn't far off what most would pay, you'll always find some rude opportunist saying your charging too much and you should sell it to them cheaper..I generally bin those type of messages in the plonker folder

I've just got hold of a Dave Yates mountain bike frame. Its labelled as Reynolds 853 frame. Any idea how much this might be worth. Mountain biking isn't for me and it's too nice a frame to sit in my shed.

here is a picture of it

2013-03-03%2011_31_43.jpg

I'm pondering the sale of my Ozark. I need the space and it's rarely used. I've owned it from new. It had a new b/b shell fitted and a respray by Les Rigden in Brighton in 1992.
Good: 1987 handbuilt 22" 531ATB frame. Mostly 6-speed Deore XT. Vertical dropouts. XC Pro brake levers with sticky fingers. Wheels are XT hubs with double butted spokes on Mavic M7CD rims. U-Brake. Thumbshifters. Selle Italia trimatic saddle. Shark fin.
Bad: Needs a respray. Has modern v-brake fitted on the front. Modern bars and stem with a-head adaptor. Head badge missing.

Any idea of value?

Attachments

• OzarkSmall.jpg
    OzarkSmall.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 348
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Now my retrobike project is almost complete my new(ish) ride is living on borrowed time.

Just wondered what my Giant Terrago disc 2007 is worth, standard apart from a rear Avis El 3 brake. Washing up liquid can me negatiated into price.

P5160116.jpg

coomber":2pksjgzs said:
Dave Yates

The ebay purchase should be a good guide. Add in the fact the advert was misspelt and bundled in with a road bike, I would guess at abour £100 plus which is a great investment on £170 paid! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/racing-bikes- ... 3a7ebea8c2

Christ! Is that not one of the dodgiest Ebay listings ever?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back