Where to go nxt weekend with the missis?

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
I want to take the missis away next weekend but where? we've done london, glasgow, birmingham, milton kynes, chester, edinburgh, cardiff, southport, an loads of others. They were all city pissed up trips, but now shes even fancying a countryside bike thing :shock: where could we go and hire bikes? (this could be retro gold for me if she likes bikes OOOOO yes) so anyone? budgets £400-500 including travel, and thats gona be public either mega bus :LOL: (luv em) or train? thanks Daz

Easyjet to Basel, Friday, leaving 5.15pm back on Sunday leaving 20.55. £220.

Hotel Rochat 2 nights £160

Bike rental for two £50 a day

£430 all in.

Feed yourself from excellent deli's and supermarkets.

Job done.

No passport....... I know I know, Im British but theres issues. So its UK only went Isle of Man a bit back I luved it got in a mess then went exploring in trainers n a gortex at 4ish got a lift back to Douglas at 10 for brecky in a mess, state wise and filthy? missis wasnt happy.

How about the New Forest ? You can hire bikes at Brockenhurst, Lyndhurst & Burley, it's nice and flat so she won't get pissed off with having to push her bike uphill if she doesn't ride regularly. Lymington is nice and touristy with some good resturants/hotels and Burley is quaint and picuresque with wild ponies and donkeus all over the shop.

8lezard":266fj56j said:

why delete?
take it you dont want me visiting your sites/places? why?
Great ideas so far lads, I can go anywhere blend in enjoy n get on with it but the missis is a proper city dweller, whinges wen she sits on a bike in the gym never mind a proper bike seat.... can see this beein fun :eek:

Bpool77":3fs3x2g5 said:
I can go anywhere blend in enjoy n get on with it but the missis is a proper city dweller, whinges wen she sits on a bike in the gym never mind a proper bike seat.... can see this beein fun :eek:

That's why the New Forest, plenty of little towns and pubs, plus no big uphills, that was the thing that turned my wife off cycling, she's fine on the flat and cycle paths but as soon as it starts to get steep...also it's annoying to wait for someone pushing uphill and it's annoying for the pusher to see their other half not stopping for them.

Oh yeah, forget the Grifter, you want a Bomber ;)

Back