Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone own one? Pics and opinions please :D

what year model?

i had one a few years ago, liked it, but i'd say definitely say stick with an air shock, i had a coil on mine and at times got pissed off with it, when i rode the same frame a while later but with an air shock it was like a different bike.

the newer version i think is really nice, good amount of travel and a pretty simple design with a build weight that suggests it won't fold in half at the sight of a drop off but it's so heavy that you can't climb on it.

I have mikee's old one

Not built yet but to all intents should ride the same as my other single pivot bikes

I wanted one years ago... I'll bring it to the inners or gt meet this year...

Its the one before last, newest design bar the tapered headtube. Reading reviews 30lbs + or - is doable. My head and my heart says 29er as I am convinced, but my wallet say 26er for just now. It has an air shock and I'd be running air forks up front too, probably an SLX 9 or 10 build with a dropper. I've a few plans for this year and the next few and a big(ish) travel bike is required.

One of the things I've picked up on is the short top tube, so much so that I'll be trying a large. Anyone else stepped up a size?

mine was a medium and i'm 5'9" and it felt fine with a 100mm stem for most things but when i had it in the alps i used a 90mm and a softer coil spring to get more sag,

Cheers bud, I'm a smidgen taller and generally prefer sub 90mm stems these days, probably a 50 for what I want to do on this. Should be good to go, I've a test ride anyroads.

They are quite short, same as my Chameleon was so I ended up on a large. That was the only bike I e e er bought in gate size! Ran it with 50mm stem.

I've not ridden one of the newer ones, but I do like them and they get good reviews and are versatile.

Back