And today I did......

Been on the acquisition trail again. Last week it was a 24" BMX cruiser frame, today's win was some wheels for that and on Friday I got some White Brothers forks. Gonna need to see what else can be sold to make space.

Dragged my arse out of bed and dragged the zaskar out of the shed
Went up the radio mast and back
Was good

Mike

Keith and myself headed up to Blairadam this morning instead of the Lomonds. Alright, so we missed mikee who was apparently waiting at the radio mast and wearing a red carnation, but still an excellent morning. Trails are drying out very nicely and running proper quick now. Did a bit of trail building, well more like kicking some leaves around and dragging a branch or two. Great fun though. First section we did didn't flow so well, but we extended the wee section of singletrack starting at the bench to the West of 'A bloody mud fest'. So instead of following the fire road, you can now singletrack it from the bench all the way to the entrance. Braw, very satisfying, we were well chuffed with ourselves.

Oh, aye and I managed to somehow mince off the boardwalk. Puddin.

Keith was absolutely flying on the ex Mr P Breezer - I reckon that was purely down to the brakes being shite mind.

great tales of daring do glad everyone got out- looks a great run Mr K nice to have some road sections to recover as that's a lot of gradient you had- nice to hear you got out to mikee :D

zigzag":1co9l1c6 said:
Keith was absolutely flying on the ex Mr P Breezer - I reckon that was purely down to the brakes being shite mind.

Well it is askin a lot of the brakes haulin that lump to a stop :LOL:

Great tales lads, glad a few got out riding this weekend and enjoyed themselves.
No riding for me I'm sad to say. Family things going on and even though I thought I'd get a couple of hours in this afternoon, it just never eventuated. Theres always tomorrow. Sat with the little man when we came in and watched the Roma Maxima race on TV :)
Sold a Dura Ace chainset and went through a box I found in the shed I forgot I had. It contained a couple of bits of my random bling stash :cool: I took it out gave it a bit of a polish and then stashed it again. Must dig the rest out and find a frame to hang it on ;)
I thought I'd share a couple of pics.

Jamie

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Hawmaw":19vi2cbh said:
Kaiser , Is there a link to the Strava route? I've searched Wanlockhead , Gold Rush and Leadhills but can't find it.

I've passed through there on my way to Drumlanrig and thought that there must be good trails in the hills.

Always thought this was a route always called "southern upland way and the dempster road" although this is described as 30km and 1200m ascent???

Jamie, 600ax is lovely stuff particularly the brakes.... unfortunately I've unloaded, selling brake levers and aero seat post last year

They are lovely indeed Jamie! I've a pair masell that was destined for a retro time trial project that never took off. G could be, you ride a part of the Southern Upland way but you don't go on the Dempster pass. A wee bit of googling shows a few variations

This isnae a bad approximation

http://www.sharemyroutes.com/routes/Uni ... OSmap.aspx

Called Wanlockhead Gold Rush Trail in this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Scotland-T ... =8-1-spell

But Wot you said in this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotland-Mounta ... 1906148104

I have both so I'll do a comparison. The guys I did it with had done a few different versions anaw so nothing set in stone.

Back