another project 1990 tbg/kona cindercone splatter with pics!

Re: another project 1990 tbg/kona cindercone splatter with p

Love it! Great to see it being ridden too. Wish I'd hung on to my 1990 Fire Mountain. The splatter job on it looked like someone had taken a bottle of Tipex to it!

Nik

Top work fella, give Daisy a big pat on the back from me too :D

lol will do, hoping the weather gets good in a few weeks....and when ive boarded and skimmed the spare room, to take daisy out on it for here first ride on a kona, she liked the mirage but the top tube was level, this'll be more comfy for her.....and i think its cooler lol

cheers dude, hoping to get some pics of it with daisy next weekend.....if it ever warms up enough to take a 2 year old outside lol

needs a new chain though, this one has developed a skip thats bugging the **** out of me!!!!

That looks the nuts Chris :cool:
The splatter looks brilliant, you gonna bring it to Mayhem?

Possibly, its more for me and daisy but if its nice n dry and I rent a van, it'll be coming

like this, makes a change from the usual 'what colour should I get my Kona resprayed/powder coated?' Just splatter a variety of paint on it!

If anyone is interested The Bike Station in Edinburgh has one of these frames for sale at £60 or thereabouts along with a retro klein and GT i drive. They also have a Kona Muni-Mula that looks mint for £140. All sat there for ages so they may take an offer.

took daisy out for a few miles this morning, too cold to do the planned route so simple paths and trails for a few miles. no pics during but here we are just before, good excuse to go out next weekend lol

306114_10151504799720535_1453356028.jpg

525387_10151504797200535_721070026_.jpg

Hi Longun, fantastic job you've done there which I'm sure must have been alot of fun. I have a question for you...

I'm considering doing my own Lava Dome DIY splatter at some point in the distant future but was curious as to what kind of paint you've used for your splattering as you've obviously been very successful with it.

My first instinct would have been to try enamel paint but I'd be interested to know what you used...

Back