Raleigh Equipe Refurb

Here's my effort on my 1987 Super Equipe.

I came across this thread whilst in the process of rebuilding and thought I should share...

2el5x76.jpg

a0uyag.jpg

That's a lovely job! Love the chain set and shifters, that's got to be unusual on an Equipe. I'm cycling from Cherbourg to St Malo (and back) for a couple of stages of the Tour on mine so I'm currently adding thicker tyres and a decent set of panniers, I've also managed to procure myself a Campag Chorus crank so it's gonna be looking smart on the back lanes of Normandy! It's a multi-tasking bike! Thanks for posting.

Like the green. reminds me of the old Raleigh Rapide form the mid 1970s...

Flyer_rapide.jpg

Thanks Meejoir. I got some bargains during the rebuild. You're right, I don't think many people would bother putting a Sram Red crank and a Ceramic GXP BB on a Raleigh Equipe! I had the frame cold set to accommodate a 10 speed cassette and the rear brake bridge was lowered too. The main thing that bugs me are the thumb shifter barrel adjuster adapters, but I will just have to live with them. I've owned the bike since new at 8 years old, so was a labour of love restoring it. Good luck on your tour - sounds like fun!

Special aka you must truly have a deep history with your Equipe to lower the rear brake bridge! This was my first refurb and I can't ever see the day when Ill sell it - too much time and effort put into it.

Back