my next project

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
arrived like it hadnt been cleaned for 10 years so the add saying it had been stood for a while was spot on.
Features a klein airheadset which best described is a tapered one with the cups in the frame. Took me a while to remove the fork as the steerer must have been seized to the lower bearing. Needless to say the bearings were completly buggered.

I have now encountered the same bloody problem you have with cannondale headset bearings, the ones out of the klein are a stupid size thats unatainable through normal bearing dealers. I have mailed jon rock and that just confused me more, the spec for the bike points at it have the airhead mc3 headset and it has the mc3 stem but from the measurements i gave him it looks like it takes mc2 bearings. Why cant they make things bloody simple.

Gonna order some of jon this week and see how i go, another thing that baffles me is all the mc3 stems i see load on to the bearings in a weird way with a special tool needed, mine just uses a star fangled nut and bolt like standard

Spot on pivot is fine, nicked it a bit tighter but seems good. Eyelet bushings need replacing on the canecreek ad10 shock but havent decided if im using that yet as would like lockout

Mars cl carbon forks are holding pressure but there was a bit of oil under the boots so gonna strip and rebuild them and hope the seals are good

Spinergy wheels are in really good condition, rest of kit is xtr m950 i think. Is all hooked up to shimano flight deck.

Anyway heres a pic of what im starting with

Attachments

• 20130302_210911-1.jpg
    20130302_210911-1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 297

Latest posts

Back