F418059 - Pace RC200 *Back Home 2023*

stocko

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After finishing my clockwork project,I was thinking of what my next build would be....

Well,after thinking for a while,I thought there could only be one to search for...Pace Rc200

Way back in 1996,I was racing for Royce uk factory team and was using my Orange E2 as my race bike until one day it was stolen from my workplace. Without a bike for the new season,Royce who for years had supplied pace bottom brackets for their team and Rc200 early frames,done a deal with them to supply me a team issue Rc200 F5 with rc30's and sub 130's for £400. Having built this up with Xtr and various cnc trick bits,I used this for 4 years before regrettably selling it on......but.....now I have another pace in my garage..
I put a thread up in the wanted section just to see what was out there. Months went by and still no replies til just before Xmas I logged to find a pm from daj. He was selling his F4 and in my size too. After a few pm's between us,I'd said I was only after the frame and not the whole bike as was being sold,so he agreed to strip it down and a deal was done.
Rather than risking posting,I took a nice drive up to the Cotswolds to collect it and even got to ride the pre h.o.n.c ride at the same time.
Anyway,I can't wait to get this built up as I'll be riding this at the Brighton big dog later this year

2013-02-23163851_zps21c3e700.jpg

2013-02-23163920_zps0f8e57f6.jpg

2013-02-23163958_zpse6729708.jpg

2013-02-23163944_zpsae560753.jpg

Last edited:
Re: F418059

nevadasmith":35dfisp1 said:
That's nice Paul - what are your plans for it?
Well Adrian,at the moment I'm thinking of a silver/red theme consisting of:-

Parts got so far:-
Silver Thomson seatpost
Silver ringle zooka
Silver pace sub 130 bars
Xt m737 mechs
Red x-lite chicken stix
Pace Chainrings

ready to be collected:-
New Royce titanium BB
Royce titanium end bolts
Royce titanium Chainring bolts
NOS Middleburn Cranks

Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice rc30 fork,but these seem to be very rare nowadays. The rest of the build I'd like to go British,so I've contacted cliff at Royce uk about the bb and cranks, then look for some nice wheels with hope hubs.

Hopefully it'll turn out ok

Sounds nice Paul,

Set of middleburns would go well with this build, I still fancy a Campagnolo Equipped Pace, or complete Euro build.

Royce rocks by the way and Cliff is the man!!!

Crikey! that frame looks absolutely mint! I'm sure it will turn out to be something a bit special this one :D
Watching with interest....

Rich":2zzt8z8p said:
Sounds nice Paul,

Set of middleburns would go well with this build, I still fancy a Campagnolo Equipped Pace, or complete Euro build.

Royce rocks by the way and Cliff is the man!!!
well after contacting cliff,i was telling him about this project and trying to use british parts wherever i can and he came up with more than i could have asked for.....i will be fitting Royce bb,ti crank bolts and chainring bolts....plus a bonus.....a nos boxed middleburn crank-sure he said its either a rs1 or rs2 :D

also,hopefully on to some rc30 too :D

anyway,looking promising so far!!

managed to score a nice thomson seat post in silver to replace the basic post i had for it...i know its not a 'british' part but i'll need the 410mm so to have as much insertion into the frame

Back