Yo Eddy Seat Tube !

That looks like a cracking job. Did he re-use the original cable stops, bosses and seat clamp loop or is it all new?

Looks like us Brits have an excellent source of repairing Fats with a tig rather than brazed tube..

I'm glad that's gone to a good home.
That frame belonged to a mate of mine who gave it to me (in it's broken state!) when he emigrated (although I'd ridden it a few times before he broke it doing an XC race of all things). I'd had it years, sitting in my cellar and occasionally thinking about doing something with it. Various reasons why I didn't - redundancy and the associated money problems, never really *needing* to do anything with it, not having any kit to build it up with if I did get it repaired...

In the end I gave it to the guy you bought it from. I know he's really into retro kit and I thought he might have the funds and resources to do something with it but it sat in his cellar for a year or so!

He said he'd sold it on so I'm really glad to see it's gone to someone who can restore it to it's former glory. Best of luck with it, I'd love to see some pics when it's fully repainted.

Hi , thank you for the back ground info on the frame , nice to get a bit of history.

I will keep updating the post as I go .

In response to northerndave , it's all new but perfectly matched and positioned .

It needs forks next !!! Could be tricky.

Back