simple jobs

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
simple jobs easily turn into a long detracted issue, todays was to swap a cheap chainset for a nice XT biopace triple, encountered clearance issues with the bottom bracket so in I go to find an emulsified mess ,depression sets in, a 5 minute job disappears. really glum until sat there cleaning the greasy mess off the spindle to see the words Campagnolo, I smile as despite the sh8t chainset and awful cups a piece of Italian goodness had been used. I still have to put all back but at least the mood as been lifted.

Spent this afternoon trying to stop my rear mech ghost-shifting :x As a teenager, I managed to tune the exact same mech to perfection, but can I get it to play ball now?

Also, I'd completely forgotten how annoying cantis are :x :x

Yeah pretty much everything i do. If its drivetrain related they normally take the longest (for short jobs) as i nearly always ended cleaning the chain et al.

As i have gotten older, i have a break from the task put the kettle on and relax.

Then go back to it, or after a good night sleep.

Over the years i have knackered countless thing, and broken a few in anger :oops:

widowmaker":lq9ot6fq said:
As i have gotten older, i have a break from the task put the kettle on and relax.

Then go back to it, or after a good night sleep.

Over the years i have knackered countless thing, and broken a few in anger :oops:

Yep!

So bright and early into the stable i go, tapped the bb threads and faced the shell sorted all the chainset out tickety boo. Look at the brake cables put them all in the correct routes and stood there thinking about the comment that the people made that I had bought the bike off ''it was put together by a professional bike mechanic'' my arse. badly routed cables (I mean the groove in the handle bars might be a hint as to the possible route) 1/2 the bearings where black, pitted and odd sizes and the piece de resistance was using a rear side caliper brake on the front. Don't care though the bike looks a lot happier, and I have a good idea who the 'bike mechanic' is and which bike shop he works for. :?

Back