No 98+ BOTM yet this year?

Seeing as I ran the 98+ BoTM until now, I guess I should answer this one.

Well ...

Last year we had around 14 entries on average, with 50-55 votes every 2 months. Most winners had a single-digit vote count.
The BoTY ended up getting a similar amount of votes. There's just not enough interest.
Those who are interested want to push for monthly events, but we just don't have enough 98+ bikes for that here on RB.

A few months ago, I did talk to John about this very subject. We decided to wait a bit while we figured out how to motivate people to vote. I guess we simply haven't got it figured out yet.

cyfa2809":3qe9zvqc said:
What does the 97 section get that they dont in this section?
coomber":3qe9zvqc said:

Basically that's the entire problem. If there is enough interest, I'm more than willing to continue. However it seems we're just lacking that.

If there's no BoTM topic in the -> 97 section by the third of the month, RB members take to the streets and riots break out. Over here, nobody even commented on the lack of a 98+ BoTM until March, so I take it there just isn't that much interest.

Well it is retrobike, so I guess most peopel are interesed in ye oldie stuff over the more modern. Maybe bike of the quarter?

T'boo Ted":30dxg377 said:
Well it is retrobike, so I guess most peopel are interesed in ye oldie stuff over the more modern. Maybe bike of the quarter?
Yeah a spring, summer, autumn and winter comp maybe.
I'm a noob here so a bit loathe to put in my two bob's worth but some of the threads I've really enjoyed looking through here are the themed ones especially the "show me your FSR" thread (admitted bias) and the "late 90's DH bike" thread. So maybe a comp along those lines?

I think a 98+ botm every quarter would work.
I'm happy to help out - in my capacity as a technology teacher I could whip up a silly trophy to be awarded :) plenty of scrap wood/metal/plastic that I can use.

Thats what i wa thinking, 97 get the magazine sub?
Little trophy would be good. Make clocks out of rotors etc.

BoTM =>97 hasnt had received a subscription for a whiole I dont think.... John will know, of course

I think it would be a shame to drop it from 98=>.... there have been some inspired bikes in here that deserve to be credited. To loose it entirely would just further encourage a decline in this section.... its quiet enough as it is

Back