Can anyone id these Bombers

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
I've bought the bike in the picture purely for the forks, but I'm not going to be able to pick it up for a while, I wondered if anyone can give me an idea as to what the forks are.

Attachments

• Bomber forks.JPG
    Bomber forks.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 294
I just bought similar ones (yet to arrive), same colour, cnc arch and nearest I can come up with they're Z3.5s, OEM on Specialized P3

Attachments

• bakabon_2012-img600x450-1361319276eusdrq43789.jpg
    bakabon_2012-img600x450-1361319276eusdrq43789.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 285
Cool thanks, mine appear to have different adjustment and the writing is white not red, but OEM sounds exactly right, I've not been able to find them in a Marzocchi catalogue. Perhaps OEM for another company?

I've noticed that the forks don't have disc mounts, so I reckon they're Kona OEM spec forks as the 1999 range don't appear to have disc mounts on any of their forks.

No disc mounts and bolt on crown, look like short travel too. I'd guess an early (97/9:cool: Z2 or Z3.

markwashington":1q1h6wgf said:
Cool thanks, mine appear to have different adjustment and the writing is white not red, but OEM sounds exactly right, I've not been able to find them in a Marzocchi catalogue. Perhaps OEM for another company?
Yeah sorry, the bomber logo is a different colour. My eyes, my eyes! (are crap).

Back