Cable stops brazed on wrong way round!

Yog Sothoth

Retro Guru
I bought an un-named frame off Bankrupt surplus on ebay last year, intending to knock up a new work bike. Finally got around to it this week and found that the triple cable-stop on the seat tube end of the top tube is brazed on back to front! I bought it months ago and never noticed this.

I've almost finished building it up so I'm just wondering is anyone can think of a way round it?

My idea is to drill out the closed end of the three stops, to take the cable housings, and block off the open end, if you get my drift. I need something I can araldite into the cable stop barrels that'll do the job. Maybe some spare ferrules or something. I can paint it up with matching nail polish to hide the tiny bit of bare steel.

Anyone ever had to do this?

I never knew you could buy those! The full length run is a nice idea too but I already cut the housings. OK, job done. Just need some of those little things and a bit of green nail polish.

...have a couple on my 'dale Prophet - all the 'stops' are the same size so you need them to run the front mech cable.

Back