EDIT: It turned out to be a Mercian Strada Speciale

Yepp, looks like a Strada due to the lug work. Sorry, I should have read this thread before. Here is mine from '97:

SDC12803.jpg

Nice bike to ride but still yet to be convinced about the Record carbon shifters on mine. I have some nice Veloce ones in alu and might just swap at some point when I am bored.

bobbinogs":1m1zfz0e said:
Yepp, looks like a Strada due to the lug work. Sorry, I should have read this thread before. Here is mine from '97:

SDC12803.jpg

Nice bike to ride but still yet to be convinced about the Record carbon shifters on mine. I have some nice Veloce ones in alu and might just swap at some point when I am bored.

Offt, that looks nice bobbinogs.

Still waiting for a reply from Merician, but I have contacted several owners of this bike who've also told me it is a Mercian.

............I feel a bit sorry for the bloke you got it from, who thought it was an Aende.

Shaun

Midlife":119c62h3 said:
............I feel a bit sorry for the bloke you got it from, who thought it was an Aende.

Shaun

Shaun, he was actually good about it. He's a friend of mine (online) just said he gets dibs on it if I decide to sell later on ;)

Psyclist":3tq2o77v said:
Midlife":3tq2o77v said:

Shaun

Shaun, he was actually good about it. He's a friend of mine (online) just said he gets dibs on it if I decide to sell later on ;)

Why?

Surely an Aende is just as desirable as a Mercian, different, but still very desirable.

On reflection perhaps my post above is a little harsh, sorry. Just a twinge of jealousy that I don't have an Aende or a Mercian.

Shaun

Midlife":vjmo81dp said:
On reflection perhaps my post above is a little harsh, sorry. Just a twinge of jealousy that I don't have an Aende or a Mercian.

Shaun

No problem mate. I'm happy to find out that I have one to be honest :) My first and last retro bike was a low end Viking, so this is my first proper retro bike.

Hi,
Looks a lovely frame! Mercian cycle's is my local bike shop, just half a mile from my door. I never realised they were an actual bike maker until last year when I bought my first retro bike :oops: Good luck with the resto :)
Stu.

Back