Yo Eddy Seat Tube !

antiqueman

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I picked this up from a member on here on sunday.

Ive booked it in to kevin Winter to sort the seat tube issue .

Think I will keep it aqua fade , I will post updates but they could be some time as Kevin cant do it till january!

Love the Yo thing , annoyed i sold my last one.

Attachments

• P1020767 (1024x722).jpg
    P1020767 (1024x722).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,706
I found Kevin after looking around on here.

I called Dave Yates ,he said he didn't really want to take it on due to it being tig welded , he was very helpful and offered to make a sleeve repair to go over it.

Mercian just said no thanks .

Kevin is just going to repair the seat tube for now , I will ponder the paint once its back.

Should I move the seat tube slot to the front ? assuming thats an option .

antiqueman":3kpf6eyr said:
Should I move the seat tube slot to the front ? assuming thats an option .

to stop water entry into the seattube? the rust problem with Fats & indeed a lot of earlier steel frames is that a lot of the tubes were sealed which didnt allow any water to escape. I'd ask your frame builder to drill a breather hole in both the bottom bracket shell & from the BB shell into the seattube, to prevent that kind of water collected rust damage from happening again.

yo

Yes I was thinking of putting it facing forward to solve potential mud/water issues.

I had heard about the BB hole problem , you have reminded me to mention it before the new tube goes in, thanks

Re: yo

antiqueman":184xy9tr said:
Yes I was thinking of putting it facing forward to solve potential mud/water issues.

I had heard about the BB hole problem , you have reminded me to mention it before the new tube goes in, thanks

If your drilling both sides of the BB then it shouldn't be a problem to do it after the work has been done (if you forget!).

Re: Yo Eddy Seat Tube ! Done

Back from Kevin Winter today.

I am really pleased with the job he has done , first class workmanship.

In the end I went for a 30.0 seat tube size over the other options , it was the closest Kevin
could find to the original size.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,284
Nice work that! How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Tc

Latest posts

Back