36 hole hubs

secret_squirrel":bzdx0yto said:
Things I've learnt - its relatively easy to get 36 hole nos rims - damn sight harder getting any (used or nos) hubs to fit them too....

ditto. I forked out for some NOS M950's, lucky to get them I reckon.

i have passed on the rims due to the shortage of hubs but thank you all for the input i could have been looking for a long wile for some 36 hubs :D

secret_squirrel":16j7kvpw said:
Things I've learnt - its relatively easy to get 36 hole nos rims - damn sight harder getting any (used or nos) hubs to fit them too....

What about this then ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121074635709? ... 1586.l2649

The above is mine and for an extra 20 quid ill throw in the rotor/adaptor and tool ;) All New,as is the hub

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Shimano are still making LX and XT 36 hole hubs. I have the 2012 catalog and we have 2013 at work. LX and XT are part of their "trekking" line(as well as XT still being in their MTB line) are disc and non disc. I know newis expensive but looked after they do go the distance of 10 years plus. The "new" V brakes are quite nice too.

Had no idea 36H had become so obscure!
It was the recommended norm for the rear wheel when I built up my old Cannondale commuter bike in 1999, hence it has a 36H Hope hube laced to a Mavic X618. It hasn't needed truing in about 7 years of daily use.

Back