Restoration of '93 YO Eddy Aqua Fade

sinnerman":31ey2yhe said:
Good im glad to hear it, get on the blower and ask him if its possible, it will make all the difference IMHO.
I'm with the decals from Gil absolutely satisfied and I highly recommend him everywhere.

yoaqfa18.jpg

as I said, your feeling comes only through false picture lighting. Tomorrow I take a few pictures outside and we see.

Nader":irlryezo said:
sinnerman":irlryezo said:
Good im glad to hear it, get on the blower and ask him if its possible, it will make all the difference IMHO.
I'm with the decals from Gil absolutely satisfied and I highly recommend him everywhere.

yoaqfa18.jpg

as I said, your feeling comes only through false picture lighting. Tomorrow I take a few pictures outside and we see.

:facepalm:

mate its your bike, and its merely a recommendation.

And ref Gil, i dont need to agree he has the skills, great job for a good price and all that.
AFWIW there are plenty of my bikes around with gils decals too.
No one is slating Gil, just the fact these decals, look wrong compared to the original, they stand out like a sore thumb, and its easily resolved.

What you choose to do, given its so simple to rectify is completely up to you.

To be honest your thread gave me the impression you wanted it perfect.
Sorry if i misunderstood.... :oops:

sinnerman":b6qibk5t said:
To be honest your thread gave me the impression you wanted it perfect.
Sorry if i misunderstood.... :oops:
Carl I can understand you, but you don't have everything perfect all at once.
and it gets harder if you do a lot of projects at once.

I think it will be perfect .. even with this decals. :D

Some pics in outside (unfortunately light was not optimal)

yoaqfa20.jpg

yoaqfa21.jpg

yoaqfa22.jpg

yoaqfa23.jpg

Todays work

yoaqfa24.jpg

I've simply screwed the syncros revo but have no idea of crank-o-matic! how can I pull it out again? :shock: :? (want to try black rings)

Rick Draper":267fuplx said:
..I know someone with the full back catalogue of genuine Fat Chance decals.
Oh yea someday I'll buy them (when I'm not bankruptcy through this and next build ;) )

Fair play mate, they certainly look better for pressing the decals onto the frame more.

Tc":2w4j89fb said:
You'll need a pin spanner to get them off!

T
Thanks mate :D

I have just turned the screws and the crank came out. Now I understand what that means an integrated crank puller. :LOL:

I think on this beautiful aqua colour

yoaqfa26.jpg

suits only silver ..so I will take my best silver hubs ;)

yoaqfa27.jpg

yoaqfa28.jpg

and two little progress :D

yoaqfa29.jpg

yoaqfa30.jpg

awesome, really like that, i like the more subtle build kit aswel, i think the paint is bright enough on an aquafade to not need all the anodised blue/green parts which most people fit.
:D

Back