MacRetro chat and rides thread

Went today on 15 mile route road cycling to work. Scaary. Must use to heavy traffic as I'm bit rusted. Road bike is too fast and brakes are shite. Was almost rammed by SUV this morning on roundabout. Well, that woke me up way better than coffe.

Rado, a slick tyred mtb would be a better urban fast commuter. Nice upright position to keep an eye on traffic, good brakes and acceleration plus very tough.
Look after yourself, its a war zone on the roads during rush hour ;)

velomaniac":1tj4mdjb said:
Rado, a slick tyred mtb would be a better urban fast commuter. Nice upright position to keep an eye on traffic, good brakes and acceleration plus very tough.
Look after yourself, its a war zone on the roads during rush hour ;)

You should try Glasgow's Bridge St at 8:30 am Velo ,its bloody mayhem and because of it most cyclists have adopted one of the pavements to commute along(wider than usual). Theres enough room for walkies and riders and id say 90% cycled along at a safe pace,though the non riders usually take the bus so theres less chance of an impact.
Go on the road though ? :shock: I dont mind riding it on a return leg even at 5pm+ but first thing in the morning is suicide.

Glad Andy and Rado are OK

This is what you need to get, a bit pricey but by f#ck does it work :twisted:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/31049395 ... pla&crdt=0

PoliteNoticeVest_zps62273110.png

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You're not wrong Rob, it seems to be all the rage just now trying to get cyclists.

Some wee twat in an Audi almost collected me on the front of his car about half an hour ago. Totally in the wrong trying to cut across the crown of the road turning right out a junction. Failed to notice me in position ready to turn into the street he was in. A driver flashed me to turn into the opening and Audi boy decided to jump his turn and almost went into the side of me.

Fair to say he learnt a few new words.

I think it would be, Ive seen these vest in the flesh and I swear they look like the Police vests
I think the Polite really tricks your mind and you'd swear they read Police :shock:

Took a burl round cathkin braes today. As it's still in construction and unsigned it was difficult to navigate at first, so found myself riding against the flow a few times. By the end of the spin I was getting my bearings. By and large the single track is 90% there, a couple of mini diggers trail building with the workers friendly, the main construction seems to be focused on facilities,parking and a wind turbine. A fair few riders on the course and a lot of dog walkers.

Some fun ups, downs drops and a cracking parallel dueling downhill section with rocks, jumps, drops and berms. It's going to be good for Glasgow,and hoaching at the weekends, road past on road bike on Sunday and it looked mobbed already.

Back