Raleigh Dyna Tech Castorama , Laurent Fignon Replica

kettlo":hqxbret5 said:
Coke bottles have been sourced and ordered! I have a good number coming which i will be offering for sale on here. They are coming from Europe so I am not sure how long they will take to get here. But they seem to be genuine TDF ones spanning a couple of years but I will sort tht out when I get them.....

Looks like we are on the same track ,think I have just purchased 4 bottles from 1993 which look identical to the pictures !

Im liking this, couple of confirmation points, the tricolour tape was only used that year on Bastille Day though I think you know that, and...Fignon was old school and if you look carefully he didnt use c-record gear levers but simplex retrofriction, these were much superior, (I know I used them in races!) and wernt prone to slippage on high strain, and campag didnt do indexing at that time, but when they did later that year it was crap (i used those too for a short time too!). Hilary Stone has a mint pair of simplex levers for £32, Ive just picked up the other pair he had for my vitus/mavic SSC build. Keep up the good work, great to see a build taking shape and the appropriate attention to detail, :D :D :D

Doubledee":3upoj8j5 said:
Im liking this, couple of confirmation points, the tricolour tape was only used that year on Bastille Day though I think you know that, and...Fignon was old school and if you look carefully he didnt use c-record gear levers but simplex retrofriction, these were much superior, (I know I used them in races!) and wernt prone to slippage on high strain, and campag didnt do indexing at that time, but when they did later that year it was crap (i used those too for a short time too!). Hilary Stone has a mint pair of simplex levers for £32, Ive just picked up the other pair he had for my vitus/mavic SSC build. Keep up the good work, great to see a build taking shape and the appropriate attention to detail, :D :D :D

Thanks for the tip off ,a set of simplex on the way :D is the Vitus build on here ?

TimeTrialAce":2lv2w8b8 said:
Doubledee":2lv2w8b8 said:

Thanks for the tip off ,a set of simplex on the way :D is the Vitus build on here ?

Not yet, frame is on its way so build should start late next week, I'll post as I go along. Actually while Im thinking about it, does anyone know what type of toeclips Kelly used in his KAS/Vitus/Mavic years?

Ok folks got some stufff back from the sign makers today......The Jersey race no is just a print out but if anyone wants the artwork just send me a pm and you can print out your own number, If you want to use it in the wet why not laminate it...

Attachments

• WP_000820.jpg
    WP_000820.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 768
Now, all these stickers are printed on transparent vinyl with a clear protective layer overlaid. This will of course make them waterproof. The bottle stickers wrap around the complete bottle. Obviously if the bottle is used, the fact that you are putting the bottle into the cage and taking it out will wear down the sticker and it may well rip. I don't know, never tried this before. But if you just want them for show then I suppose they look great. In my opinion anyway. Ha Ha....And just for good measure here is a picture of the great man himself using one of my bottles :LOL:

Attachments

• WP_000821.jpg
    WP_000821.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 767
  • WP_000822.jpg
    WP_000822.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 767
  • WP_000823.jpg
    WP_000823.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 767
  • WP_000825.jpg
    WP_000825.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 767
  • Laurent Fignon.jpg
    Laurent Fignon.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 767
Doubledee":v9m8u2e9 said:
Wow! The right number and good find on those bottles :D

The bottles arnt real! I did all the artwork in photoshop and got them printed as above post shows. Not bad Eh!

Very good! I've just ordered some stick on white letters to restore some mavic brake levers noylthing wrong with that

Back