Post mount.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need a post to post adapter. I have managed to fit the caliper with washers for now ans it seems i need an adapter with a thickness of 14/15mm. I guess not avid as they arent the same width both ends to account for cps washers?
So does anyone have a few to hand that they can measure for me?

Exeter man, please measure. I think i have one of those but mine is avid so varies in size.

Combo is 203 ashima rotor, x fusion vengeance fork and hope m4 PM caliper. (I think the caliper may be a boxxer mount but it fits like this but would prefer to have something a bit neater on there).

I think I've got a Shimano one in my safes box that I can try and measure for you tomorrow.

Do you know what the base rotor size is? It used to be 160mm if bolted directly to a PM mount, but I knw some of the 66's had a 180mm rotor mount.

Which version of the M4 are you using?

No im not quite sure. I expect its probably a 180mm base (170mm travel). Caliper is black/gold mono. Number 6 which is boxxer mount? Damn. Got it bolted together with washers at the moment.

cyfa2809":1x91smfx said:
Exeter man, please measure. I think i have one of those but mine is avid so varies in size.
No idea what brand mine is, but it was fine for my Avid Elixir callipers with a 185 rotor. Measurements as follows:

185 PM adapter
Standard PM bolt centres (74mm?)
Leading end thickness (ie. front of direction arrow) 17mm
Trailing end thickness 12mm

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards

Don't the mono brakes run 140, 160, 180 and 200mm rotors? I thought it was only the older brakes that used the odd numbers. Or am I getting confused with the newer brakes?

I've done a quick google search but I can't find any reference to the post mount on your forks. Given that they're burly forks, I guess they're 180 mounts.

Are these going in the Morewood?

Must be an avid as thats what the one i have is like. Thick and thin.
Thanks for measuring. Id be happy for a bigger one and just mill it down.

Yeah on the morewood. Had a hope c mount on there i think with a newer silver mono m4 caliper.
Sure they may run that but a washer here or there solves that.
I know the older brakes used number but this too has a stamped number. I suppose it would have just been PM or PMboxxer?

I think post mount is post mount, the only variation being 160 or 180mm direct mount.

I've had a quick look on the Superstar and CRC websites and can only find PM mounts in 180 or 203 formats. Hmmmmm. Your welcome to try my Shimano mount if I still have it...it's a PM to 203mm rotor.

Back